• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! I think I fried my mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

customrig

It has not been a good day today. :mad: I just got my brand new Shuttle AK35 in the mail from newegg a few days ago so I put my xp 2000 in it and things were going great. I have a good heatsink and did some mild overclocking and upped the fsb to 142 for an xp 2200. My temps were still good under 40 C and it was stable so I left it alone. A few hours ago I went to a switch on my baybus and pushed it in a little and the baybus fell out for some reason. Bam my comp turns off and wont turn back on. At first I thought I blew the power supply but I have tested it and it works fine. How can I make sure that the mobo is fried and will newegg take it back?

Thanks for your help.

Bummer:eh?:

I would unplug it, and remove all boards, except the Video card, and one stick of ram.

reset the CMOS, and reboot.

Let us know if you get any lights, or beeps.

If not, NewEgg is awesome on RMA's. Just don't forget the patented overclockers statement:

"I don't know, it just died.........."

:)

Doc

Back