• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just joined!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaMaGeLIVE

Registered
Wanted to put my comp to a good cause while I wasn't using it. So now that's done, how long will it take to start seeing stats on myself?

Wait one and I'll check the Rosetta status and see. One of their servers went down this week, and work assignments have been seriously affected.

You are listed, but have been given no points yet. The way the points work in Rosetta is:

1) You d/l a work unit

2) You crunch it through to completion

3) And return it to the Rosetta server (BOINC handles these details for you)

4) You are given a presumed credit (not an actual credit). You won't see this number in the stats page.

5) The same work unit you crunched, is crunched by another computer (perhaps before, simultaneously, or after you're done with it).

6) The results of the two crunching computers, is compared and validated.

7) Both computers are given a final credit, based on the faster of the two computers' time spent crunching the work unit.

That's why, if you crunch a lot, your points will take a few to several days to "catch up" with you. If you REALLY crunch a great deal, your work units will take a few weeks to get resolved - but as it's happening, behind you, it gives like a bow wake of points you can "ride" on, and enjoy. :clap:

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed explanation of stats :)! PS how do I get the rosetta banner under my name?

And yes, the rig in my sig, is the rig I am using to crunch :D

Right below the "Forums" tab near the top of the page, you'll see in smaller print "user cp". Click on that.

Click on "Group Membership", over on the left hand side.
You need to click on join Rosetta group, and then choose to have it displayed, as well.

Then click on the update button at the bottom of the page.

Right below the "Forums" tab near the top of the page, you'll see in smaller print "user cp". Click on that.

You need to click on join Rosetta group, and then choose to have it displayed, as well.

Sweet! Also should I be crunching with my cpu or gpu?

Last edited:
CPU, rosetta doesn't suppose GPUs. Or GPUs don't support rosetta, depending on how you'd like to look at it.

Wanted to put my comp to a good cause while I wasn't using it. So now that's done, how long will it take to start seeing stats on myself?
:welcome:

As well as crunching using your CPU, you can crunch on your GPU. Rosetta does not support this but other distributed computing projects do. I run SETI on my GPU and Rosetta on my CPU. The down side is that crunching puts higher demands on your cooling requirements as well as using more electricity. You need to watch that to keep things in line. For example I'm using three of four CPU cores for Rosetta and only run one instance of SETI on the GPU. I have run two and might be able to run three.

Thanks! Never too late to do that ;)
Edit: How do I get multiple membership badges to show above my avatar (like Bobnova?)

Last edited:
Sweet! Also should I be crunching with my cpu or gpu?

rosetta is cpu only. you should put that gpu of yours to work crunching the einstein@home overclckers team. you can set it up so you will be crunching rosetta with your cpu and you will be crunching einstein with your gpu. thats what I do. currently have it so my i7 870, 2600k and x6 1055t crunch rosetta and my 2 gts 250 and 2 gtx 580 crunch Einstein is sweet because you get 500 credits per WU and they take about 40mins to do.

Edit: How do I get multiple membership badges to show above my avatar (like Bobnova?)
pm a mod and they can hook you up.

Thanks for all the warmth and info guys :bday: ! I think I'll add seti to my list of projects, it sounds quite interesting.

Back