• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

20-March-2012 Tom's Hardware Leak, Price, Release on 22nd March

Release March 22nd
http://wccftech.com/msi-geforce-gtx-680-fully-exposed-launches-22nd-march/

Price: $499
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26437-nvidia-gtx-680-price-now-set-at-us-$499

Tom's Hardware Leak
http://www.overclock.net/t/1231711/toms-geforce-gtx-680-review

Had a bunch of graphs, but I took them down..
Folks, Tom's very nicely asked if we could remove their images. I have no problem doing so, because if we had made the mistake of accidentally publishing an NDA article prematurely (**COUGH*** a certain editor's toddler has actually done that once and was caught within seconds, but he shall remain nameless...), we would appreciate the same courtesy. So diaz, thank you for sharing those with us, I'm grateful as is everyone, but they had to be removed.

Please refrain from posting any of the Tom's graphs until the NDA lifts; which, if rumors are correct, will be tomorrow at some time zone's midnight.

Nobody's saying you can't link to another forum if they're posted there, but please don't a) post the images here or b) post the known link directly to them at Tom's (hopefully that's been remedied by now).

Attachments

• GTX680 specs.JPG
    GTX680 specs.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Subscribed. I don't know jack about Kepler yet but am very curious to see what the green team fires back with. :)

Updates will come as I get more info. Eventually we can paint a picture of the GTX780 (GK104) and then go from there.

Seems like the main features will be additional cores, higher clocks and maybe DP 64-bit FPOs. What gamers are interested in are the first two. With the 28n shrink, can 1024 shaders be achieved at an even higher clock that is used now? 1Ghz @ 1024 shaders? That would definitely make quite the card.

If the GK104 (780) holds to its speculated paper numbers, 1024 cuda cores at +1Ghz is going to deliver.

If that is true then I think the 7970 is going to be getting a curb stomp... although I bet true to nvidia style it will be a power hog :chair:

One hour until the Nvidia press conference at CES, if there is anything noteworthy to share on this I'll post back. Any other updates about what Nvidia wants to talk about will be posted live here:
http://www.overclockers.com/ces-2012-las-vegas-live-blog/

Tuned in! Doesn't seem like it is on the table for discussion though.. Even if it isn't, they pretty much HAVE to do something after the 7970's massive overtaking..

If that is true then I think the 7970 is going to be getting a curb stomp... although I bet true to nvidia style it will be a power hog :chair:

A power hog in the term of raw perfomance indeed, but on top of that its a GPU which is generally very power hungry, so it comes at a cost. Sadly its not always all about uncompromising performance, thats why i usualy feelt less attracted to Nvidia the past 5 years. Ofc i am curious how they will handle theyr counter attack, a interesting moment. However, its still many months away and either it can be a big surprise or simply something average which isnt truly worth it to wait many months for. Usualy Nvidia stuff is overhyped so, rather keep cool until it happens, i guess.

Last edited:
A power hog in the term of raw perfomance indeed, but on top of that its a GPU which is generally very power hungry, so it comes at a cost. Sadly its not always all about uncompromising performance, thats why i usualy feelt less attracted to Nvidia the past 5 years. Ofc i am curious how they will handle theyr counter attack, a interesting moment. However, its still many months away and either it can be a big surprise or simply something average which isnt truly worth it to wait many months for. Usualy Nvidia stuff is overhyped so, rather keep cool until it happens, i guess.

He did mean power hog as in; takes a lot of wattage.. hog = greedy :D

Alright, i wasnt very sure if he meant performance or power greed. Thats why i tried to make statement what i meant by saying it. Ofc i agree, Nvidia usualy had great performance but simply to much power greed for my taste (as a user of SFF systems, efficiency is playing a role).

Back