• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What I don't get is why tweaktown never includes BF3 in their benchmark list...

Overall looks like a solid card, I bet some third party coolers for this will be interesting, hopefully some can take advantage of the reduced PCB size!

Seems like BS to me. Most of the time it's not even 5% less performance than a 680 when it has 15% less SP's at a lower clock.

680 has that too so it's an apples to apples comparison.

If it is really that good, I'm gonna be really happy as I planned on getting a 670 all along anyway.

and it isn't at a resolution that stresses the extra vRAM

670 and 680 have the same 2gb....? I assume you mean the 7970 then? A lot of the benches are at 2560x1600.

Honestly I've never even used more than ~900mb at 2560x1440.

680 has that too so it's an apples to apples comparison.

If it is really that good, I'm gonna be really happy as I planned on getting a 670 all along anyway.

It isn't the same I doubt - the dynamic clock is based on temperature so that my GTX 680 is at the maximum boost at below 70C. As it passes this it drops one multiplier every few degrees or so. At the moment my GPU reaches 68C in BF3 (22-24C ambient). 3dMark11 lowered the multiplier further because it gets even hotter. I bet the GTX 670 runs at a higher boost multiplier as it runs cooler.

670 and 680 have the same 2gb....? I assume you mean the 7970 then? A lot of the benches are at 2560x1600.

Honestly I've never even used more than ~900mb at 2560x1440.

I wasn't paying attention to the 670 results, just the 680 4GB ones, sorry I didn't specify.

When I looked at the resolution in the pictures that were posted most looked to be 1080p I think

Any news on the GTX 660? I am assuming a $299 price point.

That GTX 670 is at the upper end of my spending limit, if its $399 at launch it will be too hard to wait for more news on the GTX660.

I agree with the above poster, a 5% difference between the 670 and the 680 seems crazy , considering the $100 price difference.

They didn't cover OCing in that TT article, did they? Didn't see it anywhere...be interested in 680 vs 670 with both at their maximum achievable clocks. Is the 670 just a poorly binned 680? If that's the case, it might have severely limited OCing headroom, right?

Each card is different to compare like that isnt fair for the better clocking card, ya know? Gives you an IDEA of where they can go but....

I wouldnt think that it would have less headroom, no. There are other changes that could balance that out (less shaders as the 670 is cut back).

Each card is different to compare like that isnt fair for the better clocking card, ya know? Gives you an IDEA of where they can go but....

I wouldnt think that it would have less headroom, no. There are other changes that could balance that out (less shaders as the 670 is cut back).

if it is like the 570 vs 580 then it might overclock lowe, more comes into play than just the silicon. since the 570 had a bad habit of developing exploding VRM's when overclocking.

Back