• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps, temps, temps, what temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i was running it at 75-77c core temps for a dew months till i found you guys, but even at those temps the only thing i really found was a heat warped board and one toasty warm power supply.

I use Core Temp, HW Moniter to moniter my temps. If you can find it there is a link to the CPUID_AMD_FX_Reviewer_Kit here in the forums. I have lost track of where it is now but all versions you download now should eb up to date. I can tell you that the idle temps are off by a bit but for the most part the max temp is pretty good.

i ran intelburntest, 10 passes at standard. all 10 results are the same, max temp was 61.8c, ran at 4028mghz. what the heck is a Gflops?

my version of coretemp appears to be reading socket temp also. it reads 12c lower than the core temps shown in aod

I would certainly trust CoreTemp and HWMonitor over AMDOD for core temps and I would trust the motherboard manufacturer utility for the socket temp over any of the others.

ok i just ran inteliburst twice at 4028mghz, first 10 tests 1.375v 62.8c max, lowered volts to 1.3125 and got a max temp of 58.9c all read with aod. is this cpu sooooooo sensetive to voltage? is devolting the way to go with this cpu?

i ran intelburntest, 10 passes at standard. all 10 results are the same, max temp was 61.8c, ran at 4028mghz. what the heck is a Gflops?

A f.l.o.p. is a floating point operation, 1gflops is a billion floating point operations per second. 10 passes at standard means reasonable stability in my opinion, I would go for 10(+) on high or max (will take much longer).

lz_xray i wish i had never seen that thing, got a grand holding the door open right now, but after a little reading in this plase i think i may have a termial in the 24 pin atx connector backed out and perhaps when i fix it granny (my wife) will let me have a little of my manhood back.

my version of coretemp appears to be reading socket temp also. it reads 12c lower than the core temps shown in aod

The processor's sensor is not calibrated, it is the core temp (CPU) that is 12C too low. The socket temp (Motherboard) is closer to right, probably +/- a couple C.

i think my colling need a little work, when i went up .02 volts my system crashed on second pass, so thats when i lowered my volts.

I would try to see how little voltage you can use to reach 4.0Ghz, my 8120 will do 4.0Ghz on 1.30V (stock) stable, results in less heat and power usage. You can then step up the volts one notch and see how much further you can overclock (watch the temps).

I use Core Temp, HW Moniter to moniter my temps. If you can find it there is a link to the CPUID_AMD_FX_Reviewer_Kit here in the forums. I have lost track of where it is now but all versions you download now should eb up to date. I can tell you that the idle temps are off by a bit but for the most part the max temp is pretty good.

CPUID Reviewer Kit for AMD FX Bulldozer ~25Mb download and in it is
HWMonitor 1.18.5 where as the latest official download appears to be 1.18.

rgone, that is a wonderfull all in one kit, but the hardware monitor temp readings are 12degreec lower than the temps i get useing aod.

man i can't do 4028 at 1.30 volts but the wattage is reduced, i can only get down to 1.31 volts, are all cpus this touchy to voltage, and should i be thinking about a better power supply i run a white box 550watt peak 475 watt power supply now.

Back