• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps, temps, temps, what temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, i just ran itelburn test, 10 passes on high stress level, 1.3125v, 4028 mghz, high temp 59.8c in aod, 47c in cpuz. the room is cooler this morrning.

i am at 1.3125 and running 4025 stable running intelburntest.

rgone, that is a wonderfull all in one kit, but the hardware monitor temp readings are 12degreec lower than the temps i get useing aod.

One of the TMPIN# temps should read the same as AOD, this is the socket temp. AOD may have built the offset for the core temp or is reading the socket temp (doubt it).

man i can't do 4028 at 1.30 volts but the wattage is reduced, i can only get down to 1.31 volts, are all cpus this touchy to voltage, and should i be thinking about a better power supply i run a white box 550watt peak 475 watt power supply now.

Still 1.31 is pretty good and yes they are that touchy when approching the limit.

ok, i just ran itelburn test, 10 passes on high stress level, 1.3125v, 4028 mghz, high temp 59.8c in aod, 47c in cpuz. the room is cooler this morrning.

Pretty good, you could try upping the voltage one notch and seeing if it will stay stable and the next 0.5 multiplier (4.1Ghz) or maybe even full multplier (4.2Ghz), keep a close eye on the temps.

aod shows my temps 12c higher than all the other monitors, most monitors including cpuid read 12c below aod. some of the other monitors show only one temp while aod and cpuid show 8. and i amd really confused by that in two respects, the difference in displayed temps and this is a quad core sold as a sham called a 8 core, if i have four cores how do they display 8 temps.

reading around in here it looks like i need to adjust my "bios" program I cant find that anywere on my drive. do i download that someplace?

every time i up the voltage heat becomes an issue, if i go up on the other numbers, lets say from 208 to 215 i get what is called the blue screen of death at times and and my fan speed falls off and my temps climb.

IF there is not a newly released AOD since the FX series came out then it is pretty well known that the temps will be off using older AOD.

Unless there has been a change, there is only a single core temp sensor output on the AMD cpu no matter how many cores there are. That is why all cores read the same from the phenom2 forward.

It seems the max core temp for FX series has changed and until TjMax is known for FX for certain, the programs will likely read differently.

Unless there was a big change then the output core temp sensor is not a temp but a calculated amount of change before the cpu Tjmax is reached. Software to give a temp reading as we see it must make some assumptions. The assumptions are: is TjMax 90c, 100c or 110c.

The programmer of CoreTemp candidly admits some of this is still not precisely known. I cannot yet find it for sure in AMD white papers either.

every time i up the voltage heat becomes an issue, if i go up on the other numbers, lets say from 208 to 215 i get what is called the blue screen of death at times and and my fan speed falls off and my temps climb.
When you increase the bus speed you increase not only the processor speed but also ram and ht link speed, this makes overclocking harder, too many variables. Easier to use the multiplier on an unlocked processor (black edition for amd), then there is only one variable, the processor speed. I would set the bus speed to 200 and multiplier to 20X = 4.0Ghz and start the tests again, find the lowest voltage and go from there, only using the multplier.

aod shows my temps 12c higher than all the other monitors, most monitors including cpuid read 12c below aod. some of the other monitors show only one temp while aod and cpuid show 8. and i amd really confused by that in two respects, the difference in displayed temps and this is a quad core sold as a sham called a 8 core, if i have four cores how do they display 8 temps.

As mentioned before, pick a program, if you pick aod educated guess is the temp is right, if you pick another program like HWMonitor or Core temp then add 12C to the reading. The processor is an 8 core, it has 4 compute modules each having 2 cores = 8 cores.

reading around in here it looks like i need to adjust my "bios" program I cant find that anywere on my drive. do i download that someplace?

The bios is outside of your operating system, when the computer is restarted it can be entered (usually by pressing delete or F1) to change system options before the operating system is loaded. People who are accustomed to overclocking and want to make their settings "permanent" or avoid the hassle of using programs to overclock use the bios strictly. I for one would not consider using an app (such as AOD) to overclock unless I was going for something extreme/temporary for a competition or the like. Your motherboard manual should contain information about accessing the bios and it's usage.

ok so tonight i will leave all settings the same except bus speed, i will take that back to 200, and work only with the multiplier slider. when i built these things i started out only knowing how to turn one on and off so i need a training systemand aod seemed like good training wheels.

I bought a RadioShack electronic thermometer, I soldered the external sensor to the copper tube mounted from the cpu.

now, how do i take a screen shot so you can see what and how i am doing?

press print screen (right of functions keys), then paste in paint and save. when replying use the go advanced button from the quick reply or use post reply and below where you type the reply is manage attachments.

ok I will post one, what monitors will you need to see? witch aod screen, cpuid hw monitor and intelburn test are what i am looking at, in aod i look at the cpu status screen

would suggest having intelburn running for a bit as they will want to see your max temps. AOD, HW Moniter and CPUZ showing the CPU, Memory and SPD tabs ..... you can run more than 1 of the CPUZ. Is what everyone ussually needs this will give them as much info as you can min, max temps and various settings.

THIS IS MY 4.0GHZ PULL AS REQUESTED. ROOM TEMP A CHILLY 65F

Attachments

• pull 1.jpg
    pull 1.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 38
ROOM IS TO COLD FOR MAX TEMPS, ROOM TEMP IS 65F, USED HIGH STRESS FOR THIS RUN, NORMAL ROOM TEMP IS ABOUT 70F

Attachments

• PULL 2.jpg
    PULL 2.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 39
Nice results, 4.0Ghz on 1.30v is pretty good. It looks like the H60 is struggling a bit with the heat, mine at the same settings under full load is around 38C core temp or 50C socket temp using a Silver Arrow (ambient 22C or 72F). Still :thup:

SAME ROOM LOWER VOLTS. MY ISSUE IS WHOS TEMP READING SHOULD I BE USING? I'M STILL THINKING AODS TEMPS ARE THE ONES TO USE...

Attachments

• PULL 3.bmp
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
Back