• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Project] Untitled TJ07 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was my thought as well. However, I've been searching the interwebz for the purpose of the doubled wires since I like knowing the whys behind things, and it seems that the thinner wires are sense wires. So, I'm guessing this tells the PSU what the output voltage is but I don't know why it does this or if it really matters... The search continues...

That sounds reasonable, and if so, you don't want to cut them. The sense wires (in a typical computer SMPS) are used in feedback loops within the PSU to regulate the rail properly. At least, I'd assume they are. Check with OK Wolf for specifics.

I sent Bobnova a message, and he said they're for rail regulation. So, I'll definitely be keeping them, but I may redo the sense wires and connect them to the beginning of the output wires instead of the end, not sure.

I sent Bobnova a message, and he said they're for rail regulation. So, I'll definitely be keeping them, but I may redo the sense wires and connect them to the beginning of the output wires instead of the end, not sure.

You might want to keep them where they are, since the voltage may possibly change across the main wire, leading to incorrect regulation.

I'm curious though, what's the issue with the sleeving as-is? Do you have any pictures of the split/rejoining of the wire?

Back