• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE hokiealumnus Benching LIVE, Monday, January 16th @ ~9:30AM EST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its obstinacy angered me.

If the 3960X died, you would have probably seen me crying on camera. If the FX-8150 had to die trying to do what it was best at, at least it went out in a blaze of frozen glory. :thup:

I guess on the bright side your RIVE hasn't started sparking like Nick's!

May I ask - what keyboard do you use on your benching setups?
As you may know I've contacted Gigabyte regarding our POST problems on the 990FXA-D3 and your UD5 and they've told me I'm transferred to the correct department that will ask me for my keyboard so they can test with it.
I figured out I could add yours too, since I've already let them know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
Blaming it on our keyboards is bogus, but I'll let them have their fun testing so they'll stop blaming it on both of my keyboards.

What issues are you guys having with your keyboard? I have a Gigabyte board and I can't get into the BIOS unless I use a PS2 keyboard? Is this the same issue you guys suffer from?

Yeah, I've had that issue with GBT 1155 boards.

Try switching USB ports to the ones closest to the PS/2 ports.

Hmm OK I will try that. Thanks. Hopefully that does the trick. Very annoying bug with this board.

******************* UPDATE!! *********************

That worked!!! I moved my keyboard to the USB port directly across to the PS2 connection. I have been able to restart the system and get into the BIOS 5 times in a row now. Wow thanks for the tip. I had previously tried no less than 12 different USB keyboards some how thinking maybe this will be the one that works :-( None of them allowed me to enter the BIOS. I ended up just plugging in a PS2 keyboard and leaving it tucked under the desk so every time I needed to get into the BIOS it was available and possible to do so. Now hopefully I can get rid of the extra PS2 keyboard for good. This is a first for me and I have been building systems for 18 years. Thanks again guys for the tip!!!

Last edited:
Drove me absolutely nuts before I figured it out. I always plugged my keyboard into those ports out of habit from the old days :p

Back