• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 RAD + H70 RAD+ H100 pump & 5.25"RES MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Glad its working out for you!! :)

thank you. it didnt cost that much if you dont take into account the money on the H70 & H100. tubing/barbs/jubilee clips/thermochill ec6 and xspc single res = roughly £45.

And worthy of a day off from work too. thoroughly enjoyed myself today.. there was a point that I could not source some G1/4 thread 6mm ID barbs.. ran around town for about 2 hours and eventually got them at plumbing center for £1.98 each.. :cool:

The next time I do this im going to do it properly, but Im gonna wait until a GFX card that takes my fancy comes out.. my Ares still kicks serious *** and no know waterblock for it exsists so this is why I went this way..

Thank you to everyone who has helped me,

Peace

Sal.

More water, more cooling is a logical jump (though not quite correct) for those not schooled in water cooling/thermodynamics. Go easy... explain why... :)

That will not help cooling at all, why would you think that?

I was thinking that the greater the volume of coolant the longer it will take to reach maximum threshold of the loop. it was just a thought.

I was thinking that the greater the volume of coolant the longer it will take to reach maximum threshold of the loop. it was just a thought.
You are essentially right, but the cooling capacity will not increase. The time to be 'heat soaked' will take a bit longer with more water I believe...

M0r7.......... :shrug:

You are essentially right, but the cooling capacity will not increase. The time to be 'heat soaked' will take a bit longer with more water I believe...

M0r7.......... :shrug:

guess Ive got reading to do :D thanks for the HU

You are right ED. The more liquid you have in the loop, the longer it takes to heat up, but it is a moot point once it reaches equilibrium. Once that is reached, you will have the exact same temperatures.

You are right ED. The more liquid you have in the loop, the longer it takes to heat up, but it is a moot point once it reaches equilibrium. Once that is reached, you will have the exact same temperatures.

damn, got beat to the punch...but yea, ^ this.

Back