• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 RAD + H70 RAD+ H100 pump & 5.25"RES MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsoul

Hello,

I have an idea and im not sure how to make it work.

I currently have a H100 cooler & H70 cooler.

What I want to do it to run both rads with the H100 pump and a 5.25" dual Res with pump.

Here is a very rough drawing very rough. you may have to zoom to see text

Flow will go RES>CPU PUMP>RAD>RAD>RES

What do you guys think, ?

Sorry forgot to add pic :D

regards

Sal.

Attachments

• WCidea.JPG
    WCidea.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
It is an interesting idea, but you'd probably be better off selling the two kits and building your own loop.

It is an interesting idea, but you'd probably be better off selling the two kits and building your own loop.

You could be right, I just went to the local pc shop and they dont have any tubing 6mm ID 8mm OD its starts @ 12mm ID they got a display setup with phobia kit with rad/pump/fans/res/coldplate/ all phobia.

Ive been reading the guide on here about the H*** series mODs and wanted to take it a step further with 2 rads for extra cooling. Im going to try the local plumbers shop (again just around the corner from me ) and see if I can get the right 6mm ID tubing first. Does anyone know if the barbs on the H70/100 are removable and upgradable ? If I want to increase the barb from 6mm to say 12mm. I am assuming the threaded diameter is a standard size but the barb can differ.

The barbs are not changable. I just modded my H100, I can post a detailed picture of one later to show what I mean.

The barbs are not changable. I just modded my H100, I can post a detailed picture of one later to show what I mean.

Ah ok thanks, no need for photo It was worth a try :) guess the local plumbers are a good bet then. just need to find a good dualbay 5.25" Res with low noise pump. the one they had in the shop was an XSPC but didnt come with a pump.

Any suggestions ?

The H100 pump/waterblock is all you will need in this loop.

You know, MCP355 is a pretty small pump, and you got a res...why bother keeping the corsair setup? Infact I think you can get a MCP355 built into a res or a res that attachs to the mcp355...

Then you shouldnt even bother with using it. A proper waterblock and a DDC variant is what you really want then that what you should use. Running a high quality pump into a lower quality pump is just asking for losses and problems.

Well I've gone ahead and done it. Leak testing now !!! How long do I leak test for ? 1 hr 2 hr ?

1-2 hours minimum, some people suggest 24 hours with paper towels under all of your parts to make any small leaks more evident.

I've just used the h100 pump and an xspc single res no pump. All working well at the moment.

I measured about 250ml to 300ml per mInute testing the h100 pump. There was only 250-300ml in the h100 rad

1-2 hours minimum, some people suggest 24 hours with paper towels under all of your parts to make any small leaks more evident.

That's exactly what im doing. Anyway to add pics via iPhone ;) no pc available lol

Ensure you are using some type of corrosion inhibitor since the rad is aluminum and the block is copper.

Bloody iPhone can't upload pics . Ok

I'm gonna leak test for 30 more mins and put it back together then hopefully upload pics.

My loop capacity has increased to nearly. 700ml from 300ml just on the h100.
That should help cooling.

Oh my god I'm sh**ing myself. Don't want to turn it on incase it goes boom

If you don't here from me you know why lol
Wish me luck. Hopefully see you in 5mins.
Once I build up enough courage to turn on

Anyone heard the boom? :p

not in this lifetime :D :attn:

I heard it from the triple post, yes.......

I was mearly getting excited aswell as anxious/nervous.

well im still here, sorry to dissapoint all the doom trolls lol :)

I have made a couple of mistakes but nothing too drastic, ive used far to much tubing, I thought at the time it was better to over estimate than under, i will run it like this for a while and in a couple of months or so re cut the tubing and re-bleed.

here are some pics if anyone is interested ? sorry bout the qaulity iphone camera sux.

Attachments

• water build 012.JPG
    water build 012.JPG
    878.3 KB · Views: 180
  • water build 016.JPG
    water build 016.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
  • water build 017.JPG
    water build 017.JPG
    973.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Back