• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 codecs in one nice exe. install.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
filehippo download link

This is a cool little installer proggy. I hate having to track down Microshaft codecs for video and media players. This little exe. file is comprehensive and a sweet find. I have downloaded and installed it and thought I would share.

Win 7 codecs 3.3.9

All the codecs you need for Windows 7 to play AVIs, DVDs and more!

It does not contain a media player and it does not associate file-types. With the Windows 7 codec package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players' capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers. Users of the Windows 7 media center codecs have the ability to choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable. After installation you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.

Attachments

• win 7 codecs.png
    win 7 codecs.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 109
Been using it since I canceled cable and moved to a WMC HTPC. It's a must have for all the random kids cartoons I amassed over the years. Gotta keep the little ones happy without Disney channel :)

I'd rather have both arms cut off than try to teach twin 4 year olds and a wife that hates tech how to use MPC or VLC to play Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD rips. :thup:

Been using these since I discovered them years ago. Me likey :)

It is new to me, I guess I am behind the times.:p

Been using it since I canceled cable and moved to a WMC HTPC. It's a must have for all the random kids cartoons I amassed over the years. Gotta keep the little ones happy without Disney channel :)

Hmm, interesting. Lets say I want to cancel my cable and watch TV from the net for free on a HTPC. Is it possible?

Kinda depends on what you want to watch. I have Hulu, Boxee, and ESPN3 apps installed, so anything they can grab I can watch without issue. Things that I kinda miss are Food Network, Spike, DIY, FX, but I only watched those to fill my time with. I have a good roof antenna that gives me amazing HD quality local channels. Better than any cable or satellite provider could give you. You also have you own free DVR that is really nice as well. Built into Media Center are neat little apps for things like Revision3 stuff that allow you to watch them within MC easily. It's been a weird transition, but I don't miss the cable bill at all!

Back