• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NZXT Switch 810 Black Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think this will be my next case for my build, great review by the way. I like everything about it and it seems to be exactly what I need.

I will be on the look out for the release...

is this thing on the market yet? if not any idea when its supposed to be? I was considering the coolermaster cosmos on the front page but for that price I'll take 4 passes and a raincheck unless it comes with a 750+ watt psu, see nothing in that case that justifies that $$$

is this thing on the market yet? if not any idea when its supposed to be? I was considering the coolermaster cosmos on the front page but for that price I'll take 4 passes and a raincheck unless it comes with a 750+ watt psu, see nothing in that case that justifies that $$$

According to NZXT, the case should be on shelves before 2/10/2012.

So, they should be available within the next 2 weeks. Yeah, the Cosmos II is pretty expensive...

This case is absolutely beautiful... too bad i have no reason for upgrading... infact I want to go smaller....

I've been wanting to add more radiator to my rig but didn't have the room. I think I am going to have to get this. A 420 up top and a 240 in the bottom will be sweet!

p.s. I looked at several reviews on this case.. OC review was the best one by far - especially if you are looking at it with an eye for adding max radiators.

I've been wanting to add more radiator to my rig but didn't have the room. I think I am going to have to get this. A 420 up top and a 240 in the bottom will be sweet!

p.s. I looked at several reviews on this case.. OC review was the best one by far - especially if you are looking at it with an eye for adding max radiators.

A 420 = 3x140mm will fit perfectly. Don't get that confused with a 4x120mm, which won't fit :D Just thought that needed to be said just in case.

For some unknown reason, Swiftech labels their 4x120mm rad as an MCR420, which won't fit in the Switch. Personally, I think Swiftech should change that because 3x140 = 420 and 4x120 = 480...

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it :)

Is there room for a 140mm front lower fan with a 240 radiator installed?

Yep :thup:

A 420 = 3x140mm will fit perfectly. Don't get that confused with a 4x120mm, which won't fit :D Just thought that needed to be said just in case.

For some unknown reason, Swiftech labels their 4x120mm rad as an MCR420, which won't fit in the Switch. Personally, I think Swiftech should change that because 3x140 = 420 and 4x120 = 480...

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it :)

Yep :thup:

Perfect. I'm thinking of this radiator http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/hehtsera3xlt.html for the top with the swiftech 240 I currently have in the bottom.

Thanks for the info for the lower front fan.

I'm thinking the two front fans for intake and using the bottom radiator fans as intake with the top radiator exhausting. Basically want some positive pressure in the case and all intake fans to have filters. I hate dust inside the case.

Am I crazy to have the bottom radiator intaking warm air into the case? Better ideas? The CPU and vid card are both on water..

Using that 65mm thick radiator up top wouldn't allow you to use the top 5.25" bay and the stealth ODD face plate.

Since you have the CPU and GPU in the loop, then there's nothing in the case to get hot really. The board and RAM run cool, so no worries about them heating up much from radiator heated air going into the case. Look at it this way, you are pushing cool air from outside of the case through your radiator instead of pushing warmer case air through it :D

Using that 65mm thick radiator up top wouldn't allow you to use the top 5.25" bay and the stealth ODD face plate.

Since you have the CPU and GPU in the loop, then there's nothing in the case to get hot really. The board and RAM run cool, so no worries about them heating up much from radiator heated air going into the case. Look at it this way, you are pushing cool air from outside of the case through your radiator instead of pushing warmer case air through it :D

You da man! That's the great kind of advice I was looking for.

I'll continue my research on 420 radiators.

I guess it's no surprise the "best" radiators I'm finding are the thicker ones. How thick do you think it could be and still be able to use the stealth ODD cover?

Or I could say screw it as my odd is black faced anyway (still has logos and crap though).

There's 90mm of space without a ODD installed (according to NZXT), and a typical 5.25" ODD is 41.275mm tall. So, 90 - 41.275 = 48.725mm.

This means if you want to use an ODD in the top bay with a 3xfan rad up top, you'll need to put the fan for the front section of the rad on top of the rad between it and the vent.

Let's say you don't put an ODD up top, can't you put it at the second bay and have the cover there aswell ? I tough you could remove that cover..

Any one has found this case in pre-order in Europe ?

Yes, you can remove the cover, but...

In normal 5.25" bays, ODDs mount flush with the front of the case. In the top 5.25" bay of the Switch, the mounting holes for the ODD are further back from the front of the case, which allows the stealth cover to be installed in front of the ODD.

The 5.25" bays below the top one mount devices flush with the front of the case, which doesn't give room for the stealth cover. However, it's possible to drill out your own holes on the lower bays to allow mounting an ODD further back for using the stealth cover.

So, out-of-the-box, only the top bay can make use of the stealth cover.

Back