• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sniper Elite: V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnmachine

One of my favorite games is gettig a sequel, I loved the original and the latest iteration looks promising.

Trailer

Anyone else as excited for this game as I am?

HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS EPIC!!! (Yes the caps were necessary!)

Downloaded the demo on Sunday and played the 1 demo level like 10 times over.
Pre-ordered it Monday.
Downloaded it today after work and play just under 4 hours straight (think I'm almost done with single player).
Cannot wait to play some more tomorrow after work.

The zoomed in x-ray slow mo sniper kills are amazing. This is by far the most fun I've had with an FPS in a long time. I've liked several others, but haven't been this psyched over a new FPS since Call of Duty: United Offensive.

Yes, this game is absolutely amazing. The kill cam animations are the best I have seen in a game, the xray shots are spectacular.

Also I have to say the game looks gorgeous.

I was just happy to see it play so smoothly on the rig in my sig. Haven't been able to afford a new machine and probably won't til the end of the year at least. Let it auto config graphics on medium and not an ounce of lag. Haven't tried turning it up at all yet.

Wow.....I hadn't seen this game until now. Always loved the sniper part of a bunch of different games. I think I spent about 50% of the time in Farcry 1 in sniper mode. Something cool about picking off your enemies from a distance. This new game looks great!

I played the demo and it does indeed have some of the best ballistics ive seen and the way the bullets move have been very accurate in the demo. I hope I can pick up the whole game in a few weeks.

I need someone to coop with. Played a little online earlier and it was fun. Played something like kill range total or whatever. Basically you score per kill is how long the shot was. So the highest score after 15 or 30 minutes wins. It was pretty fun. MP is definitely slower being sniper only, but knowing that going in it was fun.

Steam ID is Beefie if anyone wants to try coop.

Any feedback on the coop gameplay?

Co-op is awesome, it is best done with someone you know though, it revolves around 1 spotter and 1 sniper. This allows for some awesome gameplay, I had a great time playing the coop.

Here is a great vid demonstrating this:

Played this on a buddies pc and he had the censored German version of the game so there was no internal killcam except for significant scenes. What I played was really good, the first elite came out when I was younger and was still in the troughs of not having to work and having things handed to me but as I result I could never afford the first one and by the time the price came down something new had already come out but from what I had heard the game was really good.

All of that useless info I just spewed aside I thought the game was cool. I really like tactical shooters and V2 definitely makes you work for your kills. Side Note: I LOVE booby trapping door ways then throwing a rock to distract soldiers into walking through my trip wires!

Back