Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Overclocking Radeon 6770 Help
01-22-12, 11:43 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
Overclocking Radeon 6770 Help
Hey guys, Been lurking since about christmas when I got my new graphics card.
Decided to finally make an account to see if you guys could help me with a few questions I have!
I have an ASUS 6770 -----> Link Here
Factory clock is 850mhz and factory memory is 1000mhz
Ive overclocked it to 950mhz and 1130mhz.
My questions are:
1. I didnt keep pushing the clock till I saw artifacts I just thought that a 100mhz gain was decent and stopped, what dangers lie in pushing it till there are artifacts and backing it down a bit after that?
2. Im pretty sure I can go higher on the memory, same question as number 1.
3. What do I need to look at to make sure im not damaging my GPU. I used ATI afterburner and set a custom fan profile and under load it doesnt get hotter then 60degrees celcius. (Im pretty sure thats really good?)
4. Finally, Is it even worth it? How much of a gain can I expect from running real games, Such as cyrsis 2, dirt 3, mass effect 2. Im not to worried about 3dmark scores.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me!
PS: I know you guys will ask, so heres my specs.
8GB DDR3 Ram
1tb Hdd + 1.5tb External
Asus Radeon 6770
Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.6ghz
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus - 650watt (I know its not that great)
Cheapy MOBO that came with the computer (Bought it at futureshop and upgraded from there)
Last edited by SpazMaster; 01-22-12 at 11:52 AM.
01-22-12, 12:13 PM #2
2. Same answer as number 1.
4. In my case, I can go all the way up to 951MHz core and 1230MHz memory, but I actually start having driver crashes then. (no artifacts and still decent temps). Going from my current and very stable 900MHz core and 1200MHz memory, I only see a gain of around 2-3 fps under heavy graphic stress. If it's worth it to you to get those few extra frames, go for it. If you think it's fine where it's at, stick with it.......BULLDOZER-|-NOTBULLDOZER
.FX-4100 CPU i5-4670K
ASUS Sabretooth 990FX MOBO ASRock Z97 Extreme 6..
CM Hyper 212+ COOLER CM Hyper 212+
...ASUS HD 6850 GPU XFX HD 7850 DD
.PNY Optima 1333MHz RAM ADATA XPG 1866MHz
.................Antec 300 CASE Corsair Graphite 600T
120GB Samsung 830 SSD 120GB Samsung 830
500GB Seagate SSHD SSHD...............................
500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD 3TB Seagate NAS............
.GS600 PSU HX850i