• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[2012] What kind of cooling do you use poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[2012] What kind of cooling do you use?

• Air cooling

Votes: 171 56.3%
  • Water cooling (Includes LCLC systems such as H50, H70, Antec Kuhler, etc)

Votes: 123 40.5%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally finished Liquid Cooled Build in my Corsair Carbide 500r

* (2) 120mm Yate Loon High Speed Pull Fans * ----- (D12SH-124UB)
* [Black Ice Stealth 240 GT Radiator] *
* (2) 120mm Yate Loon High Speed Push Fans * ----- (D12SH-124UB)

* XSPC X20 Dual Bay Pump/Reservoir Combo
* XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
* Monsoon Free Center Blue Compression Fittings
* 3/4" od Primochill UV Blue Tubing
* 2 Coolermaster 120mm Blue Led Case Fans

* Speeded by a Scythe KazeMaster II KM05-BK Fan Controller *

_ _ _ Now the Overclock fun begins _ _ _

Last edited:
water, Antec 920 for now....should have all my parts for custom loop some time next week will mainly consist of EK parts.

Water cooling for me but only the CPU everything else in the computer is air cooled. Both my machines are running XSPC 750 pump/res and RASA block one has a 120 rad and the other has a 240 rad

Air cooling. I was about to go water cooling but i heard about water leaking problems that can occur and burn all your components so i withdrawn it

I had a very big leak a few years ago. I was playing WoW and all of a sudden, artifacts, artifacts everywhere. Dismantled the system, cleaned everything with isopropyl and distilled and it's still kicking!

EDIT: Oh, now that I remember... that was my old 5770. And it eventually died, because it was soaking and it had a very high load. But my old mobo, CPU, RAM and everything (C3F, X3 720, G.Skill 4GB) are still kicking inside a friend's computer.

Last edited:
I had a very big leak a few years ago. I was playing WoW and all of a sudden, artifacts, artifacts everywhere. Dismantled the system, cleaned everything with isopropyl and distilled and it's still kicking!

EDIT: Oh, now that I remember... that was my old 5770. And it eventually died, because it was soaking and it had a very high load. But my old mobo, CPU, RAM and everything (C3F, X3 720, G.Skill 4GB) are still kicking inside a friend's computer.

Uhhh... Here buddy, take these... You don't want them anymore? Uhhh, no, no, you can have them!

LOL.

I'm sure that's not the way it went but that's what I pictured!

Air cooling. I was about to go water cooling but i heard about water leaking problems that can occur and burn all your components so i withdrawn it

Don't let that deter you from water-cooling. Loops hardly ever leak (although there is a risk) and it's really only because of poor setup or, occasionally failed components. If you do your research and set it up right, you should be fine.

last year i was water but had some issues this year went back to air

custom-water here; but in 2012 have to wonder in how the water vote splits into all-in-one vs. custom? thanks for the poll

I just started using my hyper 212 plus and its silent and keps my X4 955 cool at 3.6GHz! (22c at idle, 38c at load)

Currently running a Prolimatech Megahalems with 2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 2000s in push/pull. Keeps this thing at 4.5GHz and around 65C. I may go back to water in the future but the simplicity of air is so nice.

...aaaand back to water lol custom water that is

mcr-240
mcp-655 vario
ek supreme HF
tygon 2375 plasticizer free

I might have something for winter, to go from water to hardcore water.

It might have something to do with two fourteen inches car radiator fans. And two fourteen inches commercial computer radiators. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back