• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[2012] What kind of cooling do you use poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[2012] What kind of cooling do you use?

• Air cooling

Votes: 171 56.3%
  • Water cooling (Includes LCLC systems such as H50, H70, Antec Kuhler, etc)

Votes: 123 40.5%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Water is just too risky for me.

I used an H80 for awhile and the pump failed. Said I'd never use one of those bloody things again. But a few months ago I bought an H100. I don't know why. Yesterday the pump failed again. Bloody hel. If you are just a gamer and don't rely on your pc for anything else but gaming and want to push it too it's limits at all times, for what ever reason, I'd say take the chance and use a water cooler. But if you are truly reliant on your systems, don't. It ain't worth the risk. Luckily neither ever leaked so I wasn't going through the return hoopla with damaged video cards, mbs or anthing else, but there are just too many things that can go wrong and too many places it can leak and too much risk in high cost repairs and time waiting on refunds and returns, if you are lucky enough to get them. I have read lots of stuff both ways on all of that. So if you are just a hobbyist and can take the risk of a great deal of both time and money lost I say go for it, otherwise stick with air.

Varies :D
I could claim water I suppose as that is what is inside the heatpipes of all my heatsinks, but that seems sort of silly.

The vast majority of the time I use air cooling. Occasionally I do a long term test on an all-in-one water system or run some dry ice or LN2.

I bought a silver arrow last summer, works excellent and is super quiet.

Idle temps are 28-32C, typical load in BF3 is low 50's. In P95 when OCed to 4.5Ghz I would keep it in the mid 60's and under 70C in a 12h run.

I turned down my OC a bit for the summer, just to be gentle on the motherboard. Time to turn it up a bit again, maybe to 4.0GHz, I really don't want my MB to fry, I need it to last so I will take it easy

watercooling, using a Corsair H100

I'll be making a fully custom one shortly. I don't like the GPU going at 40°+

I want to liquid cool my stuff, but I am just a poor geek in high school. I have a cheap Cooler Master on an i5-2500k... and it's not quiet under load. Might need new thermal paste as well....

Current desktop is air cooled but I didn't build it so there isn't much I can do. Laptop is also air cooled.

Air cooling for now simple cooler master hyper 212+ with 5 case fans

But I have been thinking of water cooling the Laptop maybe extended battery to power pump and removing dvd drive for more space....The possibilities....

have i mentioned i went back to water cooling again? LOOL

OK, I voted other because I am both AIR and WATER cooled, water is only my H80, and air on my case, GPU's, PSU, etc.

I don't know if I need to change my vote or not, but I didn't feel it fell into one category more than the other.

Is this strictly my die?

they only go 100% when i`m not @ home and folding hard. Or 100% when "benching". most of the time it`s running 1200rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back