• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[2012] What kind of cooling do you use poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[2012] What kind of cooling do you use?

• Air cooling

Votes: 171 56.3%
  • Water cooling (Includes LCLC systems such as H50, H70, Antec Kuhler, etc)

Votes: 123 40.5%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

muddocktor

Retired
Another Year, and a new Poll! :D

This poll is one of a series of polls designed to give members the opportunity to see what the membership as a whole have chosen in regards to some of the more common cooling choices. This particular poll is for members to show what kind of cooling is being used by them. It will also give anyone who feels the need, the opportunity to explain why they have chosen that method and possibly help others decide on what their next cooling setup will be. This poll, along with the others will be stuck in the appropriate section and will be open for one year, after which a new poll will be set in place to allow future members to show their choices, current members to list any changes in their choices, and to allow members to track shifts in trends over an extended period.

Having said that, what is your primary method of cooling your main system, with air, with water or with something other than the first two?

NOTE: eobard's original poll thread is here.

Results:
Air - 72.12%
Water - 25.12%
Other - 2.76%

The 2008 poll thread is right here.

Results:
Air - 78.50%
Water - 19.11%
Other - 2.39%

The 2009 poll thread is here.

Results:
Air - 76.27%
Water - 22.52%
Other - 1.21%

The 2010 poll thread is right here for you to to follow the progression of the cooling scene.

Results:
Air - 78.03%
Water - 20.33%
Other - 1.64%

The 2011 poll thread is right here to see the changes in cooling that happened in the last year. And the poll results definitely are showing the influence of the LCLC watercooling setups such as the Corsair and Antec offerings.

Results:
Air - 63.93%
Water - 32.86%
Other - 3.21%

This poll will run 1 year after which I plan to replace it with a new poll. Please make your choice based on your main computer's cooling method.

muddocktor

Again, I am still watercooled on my main system. Actually all the systems at my house are watercooled except for my heatsink test rig. :D Gotta love that watercooled temp stability. :D

Xigmatek Gaia SD1283 w/120mm x 25mm fan on the new rig for my son and I have an older Cooler Master Geminii (not the S or M4 model, the HUGE one) on my older Athlon II. Neither of us does enough to warrant water cooling, but maybe one of these days.

Custom water cooling loop :D

• EK Supreme HF
  • EK-VGA Supreme HF
  • EK-Bay Spin
  • MCP35X
  • MCR480-QP
  • MCR240-QP
  • Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Fans

Although I am only air-cooling I have taken it too the extreme; I have a gigantic CPU cooler (Hyper 212 EVO) on my i5 (over-clocked to 4.5 GHZ), 2 200mm fans and 2 120mm fans. It keeps my cpu < 60 deg and my video card < 5 deg. I have considered upgrading to water-cooling but there is no point right now.

_frank

I'm FINALLY using water. After a decade of overclocking I finally have water in my main rig.

Custom external watercooling for now, parts in sig.
Sooo thinking of doing a ground loop though, and getting rid of radiators and rad-fans altogether....can't dig until late spring.
No need for portability with an HTPC.

My secondary rig is air cooled, hardly worth water for a VIA C7.
Of course my laptop is air cooled as well...:)

Huh, I live alone and have 3 computers. Would that make me a junkie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back