• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4p Supermicro H8QGL-iF Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My first post was just getting your mesurments on how your heatskinks sit on the MoBo and sizing up the clearence I would have with mine (since yours are the Coolermaster ones)... but then I realized I could just give you my widths and you can hold a tape up to see if I have clearence between the two heatsinks on the close CPUs... Basically the Noctuas I got, are the wider ones (1 dollar off if you buy more)

Code:
          |<-----2 3/4"------>|---?"---|<------2 3/4"------>|
Mine:  Fan---------------------Space??---------------------Fan

yours:     Fan---------------   Space    ---------------Fan

I believe what Steve needs is the distance between the two close cpu's on the mobo (from center to center or any same edge of the cpu socket, to the same edge on the second socket).

If the distance is greater than 2 +3/4th inches, then the two noctua's he has, should fit (although he'd need to use fans only on the outside of those two noctua stacks). There may even be room for a fan between the two noctua's, but I'm doubtful of that.

If there is less than 2 3/4th inches between them, then he'll have to return two of them and get something with a thinner stack, that can be fitted to the G34 socket.

Danke Adak! I sometimes have a hard time puting my thoughts to words... I hope my board gets in soon... I got my CPUs today, Heatsinks and RAM yesterday... I hope the heatsinks will fit, if not, then I hope I can get 2 exchanged now before it get here.

Norcalsteve and I thank you for the interpretation, Adak. :D Steve will see to your bill.

If I have time tonight...after I'm home from work and after snow clearing :-/, I'll measure the distance between the two 'close' sockets. Even without measuring, I really doubt you'll be able to put a fan between the two heatsink towers. A fan between the two heatsinks fits with my Hyper 212+s, [URL="http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7087335&postcount=22"]but with only 4 or 5 millimeters to spare[/URL].

Last edited:
Snow clearing is done + two glasses of water + one ibuprofin tablet....

OK, I measured on the side of the two sockets closest to each other, from dead center of one heatsink to the other: 160mm (3 1/4"). Both heatsinks are mounted squarely on the sockets, but I would give that measurement a margin of error of +/- 5mm.

Sweet! Looks as if they will just fit... dead center of heat sink to one edge is 1.375" I should have a small gap between them.

Thank you very much Leo! make sure you strech after that snow clearing workout!

Steve, how is the ship date on that Mobo? I'm about to order one. I have not found any one else that has them, unless its for $200 more.

Though if any one else has another 4P to recommend...I could go more just to get it for next week , when Im on vacation.

My chips are not here yet and everything else... 212+'s and RAM look like they can be had in 2 days.

Jan 26th was the order date... 9 days ago... So that means any day now or with in this coming week. But I am going to contact CompSorce just incase they will possibly have info from the SuperMicro warehouse.

I will update my build thread with this too... (link in sig)... I guess I can "close" this one...

Jan 26th was the order date... 9 days ago... So that means any day now or with in this coming week. But I am going to contact CompSorce just incase they will possibly have info from the SuperMicro warehouse.

I will update my build thread with this too... (link in sig)... I guess I can "close" this one...
Thanks, I was wondering if they waited until they had a certain amount before they can make an order. I'll get mine in today.

Back