• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE CoolerMaster Cosmos II Ultra Tower Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Bobnova said:
CoolerMaster sent us a couple of boxes recently, one of them contained the excellent Silent Pro Hybrid power supply I reviewed recently, the other one was a far larger box containing the subject of this review - a shiny new Cosmos II Ultra Tower case! You may find yourself saying "ultra tower?", I certainly would have said that if I hadn't seen the box before I had read the ultra tower bit. To say this box is big is like saying that it's cold in Antarctica.

CM-Cosmos2-external-Buttons-Uncovered.jpg

... Return to article to continue reading.

Great review! This case looks nasty, I had just got a new one about a month ago too :( . Always been a huge fan of CM cases :thup:

Excellent review Bobnova. That is one massive case, with good looks too IMHO. Wish I had that kind of room in my case, that's for sure.

Those odd brackets look to me like they would allow for installing a 2x120mm RAD. Just guessing from the hole patterns.

EDIT: BTW, that case is incredible and incredibly huge :)

If only it could fit under my desk (Need an extra inch of hieght)

The top and bottom rails can be detached, that'd buy you an inch easily. Probably 2-3 inches if you remove both sets. The top rails are very convenient for moving the case around though!

Using Cooler Master Cosmos 2 case and other LED fans

Hi guys;

Any of you who purchased the Cosmos 2 case replace the existing fans with other LED brands. If you have, did you come across any issues when using the built in controller? Also what brand of LED fans worked for you. I tried and found that my Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED fans were pulsating under low and medium settings. Any way to resolve this issue other then getting rid of my new fans or not using the built in controller?

You'll have to re-wire the LEDs to plug into the controller's LED output ports. Depending on the fan that may take some doing.

Nice review. Lucky you.

I was in Fry's yesterday and saw one of these on display. I thought my Phantom was large. Hah ! This thing needs a motorized carriage. A friend with me noticed it first and said "s***, look at this !!" It is a pretty good looking case overall, even catching the attention of a non-enthusiast.

Hey Bob,

Do the lower fans serve any purpose prior to utilizing the lower HDD bays?
I left mine unconnected as I have nothing down there yet.

Back