• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? [>2012]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 1 gig

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 1 - 2.9 gigs

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • 3 - 4.9 gigs

Votes: 71 13.3%
  • 5 - 6.9 gigs

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • 7 - 8.9 gigs

Votes: 220 41.1%
  • 9 - 12.9 gigs

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • 13 - 16.9 gigs

Votes: 129 24.1%
  • 17 - 24.9 gigs

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 25 - 32.9 gigs

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • >= 33 gigs - Please post amount.

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 GBs in the laptop, which I reckon will end up being the average.

10GB in my PC, used to have 1GB in my old PC so I've decided to install 10 in the new one.
No more lag due to insufficient RAM :thup:

8 GBs in the laptop, which I reckon will end up being the average.

With low cost and good overclocking 4gig modules available. I would agree, 8 gigs could be the average.

my poor laptop on has 1gb .. the toughest thing i throw at it though is visual basic 2010 .. guess im old school it still "feels" fast enough ..not that fast ...but fast enough .. lol

i have 16gb because why not?

p.s. 8gb used to be over kill now its the normal amount

I'm currently running 16GB, bought more upfront instead of messing with it later on down the road.

16GB... Got a kit as a prize on a competition at another board so I figured I'd put it to good use and save my expensive ram for benching. :D

Grabbed a set of Sandy Britches specific ram when I moved my system from AMD to intel and figured, why not grab 8GB? ;) I do love my 3x2GB set of Hypers though. I use 4GB of that set in my AMD rig.

8GB on my desktop, 4GB on my laptop. Both seem to handle what they're being used for very well. I don't do any gaming on the laptop, so 4GB is working very well, and 8GB on the desktop seems to be plenty for any game i throw at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back