Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile

Attachment resizing

Attached images used to have a bar at the top with something like "click to view original size" if the image has been resized to fit the page. I'm not seeing it anymore on my computer. If it's a bug, any idea how to fix it? If it was actually removed, can it be added back?
    ASRock 990FX Extreme9 - FX-8350 - 32GiB 1600 Crucial low-profile 1.35v - 7970 3GiB - 8.1 Pro x64 / Gentoo amd64 - AX760
    Dell XPS 15 L502x - i7 2760QM - 16GiB 1600 - GT 540M 2GiB - 7 Pro x64 / Gentoo amd64 - Agility 4 512GB

[GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    "Apparently, Plaintiff believes that he could sue an egg company for fraud for labeling a carton of 12 eggs a “dozen,” because some bakers would view a “dozen” as including 13 items." - Western Digital 2006
    Folding User Stats

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    It should still be working...

Name:  debian_wallpaper.png
Views: 141
Size:  204.0 KB

It is working for me here.
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    Usually I see them as resized but once in a while the page loads without resizing the image and ends up stretching the browser wider than my monitor. A quick reload usually resets the image to smaller size.
    space for rent

4. Thanks!

Amnesiac (02-01-12)

Gloriously Lead
    10 Year Badge
    That is how it is actually designed to work. The images all load and it is done via some js if I remember correctly so the images will resize once the page fully loads.
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

The only time large pics stretch the site for me is when I've never loaded them before or my cache has been cleared since loading them last. Once they have been loaded once, I can come back to the page and the image starts as resized since it doesn't have to DL the full image.
    i7 4770K | ASRock Z87M OC Formula | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic X750
    Pentium G3258 | ASUS Z87I-Deluxe | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | 5x2TB RAIDZ | Corsair CX430

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (101-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Gloriously Lead
    10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNo5ss View Post
    The only time large pics stretch the site for me is when I've never loaded them before or my cache has been cleared since loading them last. Once they have been loaded once, I can come back to the page and the image starts as resized since it doesn't have to DL the full image.
    Yup, the script can only check the image size once it has been fully downloaded so that is why it behaves that way.

It is working in this thread, but in every attached image in thread 698852, there is no resize bar. Does the code that adds the resize stuff check against account age or something? I can't recall any other recent threads I've seen with images, so I don't have much comparison range.
    Last edited by petteyg359; 02-01-12 at 02:54 PM.
    ASRock 990FX Extreme9 - FX-8350 - 32GiB 1600 Crucial low-profile 1.35v - 7970 3GiB - 8.1 Pro x64 / Gentoo amd64 - AX760
    Dell XPS 15 L502x - i7 2760QM - 16GiB 1600 - GT 540M 2GiB - 7 Pro x64 / Gentoo amd64 - Agility 4 512GB

[GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    "Apparently, Plaintiff believes that he could sue an egg company for fraud for labeling a carton of 12 eggs a “dozen,” because some bakers would view a “dozen” as including 13 items." - Western Digital 2006
    Folding User Stats

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Those images are inline (I think that is the proper term). They have been uploaded, but the [attach*]IMAGE[/attach] tags are not used so its not resized? Just guessing here...

They do not resize for me either, but I think its in the way that user attaches the image.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by petteyg359 View Post
    It is working in this thread, but in every attached image in thread 698852, there is no resize bar. Does the code that adds the resize stuff check against account age or something? I can't recall any other recent threads I've seen with images, so I don't have much comparison range.
    EarthDog hit it on the head. If you don't follow-up attaching images to your post by putting them inline, they will be shrunk but you can't resize them there (without opening them in a new window).

If you attach but not insert the photos and they are large, the forum will not be able to resize them like they can if they're inline. Thus they'll be huge. So, the forum displays the shrunken image by default if you don't put them inline.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

Alright. As a possible future addition, then, it'd be nice to have a button next to each attachment to automatically add the attach bbcode to the post, or even have it automatically add all attachments bbcode when making a new post (but not when editing, in case you want to remove them and keep them removed).

Unless there's a simpler way than hovering over the link in the advanced editor or opening the image in a new tab while quick editing to figure out the ID and manually typing in the attach bbcode...

Folding User Stats

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

The dropdown arrow, next to the paperclip, has that option already, no? So when you are finished uploading, you can choose or not choose to 'attach'(resize) the photo via the same button...Or are you talking in the upload attachment window?

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    To use mortifer's image:

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

14. Thanks!

Neuromancer (02-12-12)

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    Quote Originally Posted by petteyg359 View Post
    Alright. As a possible future addition, then, it'd be nice to have a button next to each attachment to automatically add the attach bbcode to the post, or even have it automatically add all attachments bbcode when making a new post (but not when editing, in case you want to remove them and keep them removed).

Unless there's a simpler way than hovering over the link in the advanced editor or opening the image in a new tab while quick editing to figure out the ID and manually typing in the attach bbcode...
    For people that don't do it properly, right click the image and middle click "View Image". This will open it up in a new tab and let the browser resize it.
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    To use mortifer's image:

It appears that my problem is that I don't ever use the buttons above the textarea.

Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    A lot of people don't use that button, and unfortunately the javascript resizer for inline images doesn't work on non-inline images.

The best thing people can do is use the instructions Hokie posted in post #12.

If you look at other forums, most don't have good image resizing methods either - they either show a thumbnail you have to open in a separate page, or they resize everything to some set dimensions. I'd like to get ours fixed up better, and I'm working on it, but what we have currently is the best I have been able to do so far.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Overclockers Team Content Editor
    Folding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    A lot of people don't use that button, and unfortunately the javascript resizer for inline images doesn't work on non-inline images.

If you look at other forums, most don't have good image resizing methods either - they either show a thumbnail you have to open in a separate page, or they resize everything to some set dimensions. I'd like to get ours fixed up better, and I'm working on it, but what we have currently is the best I have been able to do so far.
    I just ran across a guy saying that he uses a "hack" to force attachments to be added inline. I'm not sure if the hack is posted here or just the request ticket, but it requires login to view.
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14219

I know hacks aren't good but it might help you in looking to improve our current system.
    Build!.Borg!.Recruit!.Folding.for.Team.32!
    Gigabyte P35-DS3R, E6300, 2x512MB Team Group DDR2 667, EVGA 7800GT Heat

Want to run the folding@home gpu client in linux?
    www.linuxfah.info

Your teacher is a dumbass. The equation is exact. ~Frodo Baggins
    Damn....It's 12:00 AM and I thought my 805 would be a magic pumkin and turn into a conroe.........boy was I fooled:) ~Stilletto
    This is what I get for not only being a newb, but also disregarding instructions! ~ShadowPho
    I hate women... but im not gay lol. ~MrCrowley
    Love can fade but knowledge stays forever (unless you develop alzheimers). ~Constantinos

10 Year Badge
    Just a request ticket there, I just checked. It's also for VB4, as thats where all development is taking place these days.

Looking for the plugin that auto-inserts attachments inline, if it exists for VB3.X:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=235
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

10 Year Badge
    I don't see any mods that automatically insert attachments inline.
    The OC Forums Way

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post

thanks Hokie

IMOG you got it exactly right it is why I generally dont even Attach images and just use a photohost.

I always used the "manage attachments" button down below where you enter a new post Did not know you can actually manage them after uploading

testing and success!!!

Thanks again Hokie Going to see how many others sites work like this

Name:  guitar-wallpaper-1024x768-951605.jpeg
Views: 163
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  Tamino___wallpapers_by_19_10.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  764.1 KB
    Last edited by Neuromancer; 02-11-12 at 08:53 PM.
    All rants I produce are sole property of 127.0.0.1.
    10 types of people understand binary.
    Suck iiiiiitttttttttt. -Shawn Spencer
    Linux is the stepchild of the OS world. "You told me to set 192.168.0.266 ip address", okay >>>Kernel PANIC - Me

Gloriously Lead
    10 Year Badge
    I would imagine that most people don't realize that you can do that here, especially since attachments used to be quite restricted in their file size when the site was being run from a server in skip's basement.