• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Zalman PWM Mate Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll work on it. But I'm busy just now. Really, I just plugged an Akasa FP-5 PWM splitter into the PWM Mate's socket. That allows it to control 5 fans. To get a steady 5v input I took a Scythe Molex adapter from one of their fans and put the 5v wire where the 12v wire had been. That supplied 5v to the PWM Mate. The fans got their 12v supply from the FP-5's Molex connector.

Sorry to dredge this up but someone posted a wiring diagram a few posts back but now the image is missing.

GND is pin 1 on the PWM Mate (white wire)
+5V is pin 3 on the PWM Mate (black wire)
PWM/control is pin 4 on the PWM Mate (black wire)

So I can feed my PWM fan +12V from my PSU and hook up it's PWM/control lead to pin 4 on the PWM Mate - is this right?

I was confused about where the PWM Mate was drawing 5V from. Based on your wiring description, does it come from the PWM/control pin on the motherboard fan header?

Zalman_PWM_Mate.png

Last edited:
Could you tell me if the Zalman PWM Mate Variable Fan Speed Controller with its four conductors would be compatible with an iMac CPU fan?

This fan runs at full speed continuously due to a defect in the logic board.

Would connectors compatible or could they be adapted?

Could you tell me if the Zalman PWM Mate Variable Fan Speed Controller with its four conductors would be compatible with an iMac CPU fan?

This fan runs at full speed continuously due to a defect in the logic board.

Would connectors compatible or could they be adapted?

No idea. Have you written to Apple tech support or asked the question on Apple forums?

Back