Buried The Hatchet
    Lived to Tell the Tale

Anti troll rule needed

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...=1#post7094972

People like this guy need to be banned for showing up with an attitude problem, talking smack to people from their position of understanding nothing, and being trolls.

If someone shows up and starts trolling out of ignorance, or just desire to troll, they should be banned forever.

Even if you have no idea what you're talking about because your brain is in a blender or your foolish friends have given you bad advice, if you're going to 'ask questions' with this attitude your IP should be forever banned.

More and more of them since 2012 started...

Is it a January custom?
    Main :
    MoBo: Asrock Z97 Extreme4
    CPU: i7 4790K@4.8GHz/1.33v - Raijintek Nemesis
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair 1866/Cl9
    GPU: Sapphire Dual-X 280x + Dual-X 7970
    SSD: Crucial M4 250GB
    PSU: HiperM 1000W

HTPC : ASUS A55BM-Plus - AMD A4-4000 - iGPU

#Pink Team! Theocnoob/Gabby1019/Manu2b/BobbyBubbleHead join us!

^ lol, I assume Christmas parts...

I think the biggest problem is the inability or desire not to use any type of search functionality.
    i5 2500k @ 4.8 gHz. 1.3v..................Q9650 @ 4.0 gHz.
    Kingston Hyper 1600mHz 4gb..........XMS3 1600mHz 4gb
    Asus P8P67 Pro B3...........................790i Ultra FTW
    XFX 5970 BE + XFX 5850..................GTX 260 2xSLI
    CM Hyper 212/Thermalright HR-03...Scythe Mugen II
    CM Cosmos S Modified......................NZXT H2
    Custom Maple Gaming Case

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    My best suggestion would be to not feed the trolls. They tend to go away on their own if you stop feeding them...
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    To elaborate on mbentley's astute and very accurate observation, as the site continues to grow (as, thankfully, it is doing at a rapid pace), there will be more people that perhaps enjoy arguing. This is natural and happens in any community of which people desire to become members.

What we can not do is lower ourselves to their level of discourse. If you find yourself becoming overly frustrated with a particular person/thread, report the thread. Do not post in their thread calling them a troll, telling them to go away/get out, or more unsavory responses. We do not treat people like that at this forum. It's part of what makes this a desirable place to be. Further, it is how the forum has been run for the past thirteen years.

People like this place for what it is. Its spirit lives on even as the popularity increases. Do not reduce yourselves to their level. As mbentley said, don't feed the trolls. Use common sense, try to reason with people. When it gets to be too much, just stop and/or report the thread. If actionable, it will be taken care of. If not and the purported troll is left unfed, they will wither away into oblivion.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

loss.jpg
    Premium Member #25
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Reading that thread the person in question was clearly there to get on people's nerves. Best bet - let them stare at a blank screen and they'll go away.
    (Although fire helps but you have to knock them down first - try a +2 weapon if you have trouble. =])
    I.M.O.G. Because Australia. ;)

7. Thanks!

hokiealumnus (02-02-12)

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by mbentley View Post
    My best suggestion would be to not feed the trolls. They tend to go away on their own if you stop feeding them...
    I have provided a nice picture to accompany the above statement. Please don't feed the trolls.

EVGA 750i SLI FTW, Q6600 @ 3200mhz 1.325v, vdroop mod, Kingston pc8500 4gb, 2x 8800GT in SLI, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB,WD 320GB for games, Xclio 650w psu, Scythe Infinity 2X Kingwin 80cfm 120mm fans, X-fi xtreme gamer, Windows 7 Ultimate

Bill Gates over heard saying "If i had a penny for every time Windows Crashed... Oh wait, I do."

Fronting as a Mod Member
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    The best part of his argument was when he pointed out that his son handed him beatdowns every time they played on-line; and he seemed to equal this to his son's C2D machine being equal or better than his 3930K machine when he should have been referring to his son's skill vs his own.
    Daily Driver: GA-890FXA-UD5 - Ph II X6 1090T - 16GB DDR3 1333MHz - MSI R9 280X Gaming Edition/HD 5670/HD6570 - Venomous X Black + G1238B12BBZP-00 - TX850V2 - CM 690 II Advanced
    Join the "Benching Team" - We have secret sauce! - OptyTrooper: GPUs are for burning not playing games anyway
    Kona on League of Legends: This game sits about as well with me as a gallon of prune juice does, and the results are just as nasty.
    I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    This is not an extension of that thread folks. It was closed with good reason. Let's put the matter behind us.

11. Thanks!

ChanceCoats123 (02-02-12), Enablingwolf (02-03-12)

Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    We just need to buy some of sliversinksam's troll-b-gone and just continue on with life
    -Tower-
    i7 3770k @ 4.5 GHz - ASrock Extreme4 - EVGA GTX260
    -42u Compaq Server Rack-
    2x HP DL360 - 2xXeon 3 ghz - 2Gb - 2x36.5 scsi
    1x Dell Optiplex 260 (got it off the street :P)

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    "You can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed person" Which is why we shouldn't
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    10 Year Badge
    I think all points have been made here.
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net