• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great to see one of the oldies but goodies - a slide rule, FTW! :D

I can just hear the questions from the younger generation "What's that??".

All you need now is a pocket protector and some mechanical pencils, and you will have true Geek iconic status, Robert! :p :p

Thanks for the brief run down nostalgic drive.

Did you order from the same place I did? There customer service is quick to respond, but have not gotten the tracking to me yet
Yup, same Mobo and I thank you for the link:thup:. They seem perfectly fine. I kinda think when they get a certain amount they put in their order. Your link should help their business, I have not seen any 4P Mobo's any cheaper.

Its seems that this "Single board offer" comes from the "buy 10" pack. I just hope you and I are not the 2 of 10, and we need to wait for 8 more people to buy them!

If anyone is apart of other forums, and they have "4P deal" or "Folding deal" type threads, toss them that link! It is the cheapest I have seen too.

Its seems that this "Single board offer" comes from the "buy 10" pack. I just hope you and I are not the 2 of 10, and we need to wait for 8 more people to buy them!

If anyone is apart of other forums, and they have "4P deal" or "Folding deal" type threads, toss them that link! It is the cheapest I have seen too.

Well, it's seven more people, now. Ordered one from them a week ago.

Well if we all get ours about the same time then I know that is what they are doing... gathering funds to get a lot in, then shipping them. But their site says "Vendor drop shippment"... funny thing is though, SM customer service said "we do not ship directly to end users, only distributors."

Just an update (especially those that ordered from compsource.com)... My "assigned" customer service rep informed me that SuperMicro should be shipping the board by the end of this week (Fri/Sat), so I should be getting it soon. Even though it is taking a long time, they have good reps (In my experience so far)...

Since this is a back ordered item, it looks as if it can take 2-4 weeks from order. I also informed him that I spammed the link to this board, so they can be aware that this will be a hotter item for them to want to keep a few on hand; I also told him that 2 others that I know of, ordered from compsource.

Next week, Photo updates for pre build and build... I hope!

Just an update (especially those that ordered from compsource.com)... My "assigned" customer service rep informed me that SuperMicro should be shipping the board by the end of this week (Fri/Sat), so I should be getting it soon. Even though it is taking a long time, they have good reps (In my experience so far)...

Since this is a back ordered item, it looks as if it can take 2-4 weeks from order. I also informed him that I spammed the link to this board, so they can be aware that this will be a hotter item for them to want to keep a few on hand; I also told him that 2 others that I know of, ordered from compsource.

Next week, Photo updates for pre build and build... I hope!

Oh wow that sucks. The irony(?) is that I ordered from them based off of your link and just got my board yesterday.

Lucky you! I think they are getting the point as I am respectfully bugging them every 2-3 days now that it has been 2-3 weeks. I forsee an "overnight" package coming tomorrow or saturday ;)

Lucky you! I think they are getting the point as I am respectfully bugging them every 2-3 days now that it has been 2-3 weeks. I forsee an "overnight" package coming tomorrow or saturday ;)
Good to hear Steve :thup: I was thinking about canceling, I'll contact them instead and see whats up.

Makes me wonder Tugi... When did you order yours? Mine was 26 Jan... I know you did after me... But you already got yours. Good for you, bad for me an Dfonda ;)

I didn't have much luck with their customer service. The first guy said their server was down .Said he would call me back and I gave him my info(hasn't called back). Then I noticed my rep's number and called a Jordan. He confirmed the server was down and said to call back in 10 min. I called back twice later in the day no answer. Left him an email. No answer. They are still within their quoted lead time on bo'ed orders... 21 days. I just wanted to see if they can offer up a substitute, I am perfectly willing to pay more for it.

EDIT: After checking their site the 12 or so 4P Supermicro's are all BO'ed... unfortunately. We shouldn't have been late to the party..:shrug:

Last edited:
I ordered mine 2 FEB. I'm looking through the packing list. The packing list has Supermicro on the header, Sold To: Ingram Micro (which is a major wholeseller.) Accounts Payable, and shipped directly to me, with ATTN: to James N*****. The "order" date was 10 FEB and the date of the invoice was 13 FEB. I got it 15 FEB. If that isn't squirrely enough, Ingram Micro is in Canada. Also a piece of the invoice is cut out, where I assume has the price which Ingram Micro paid. No where on the invoice mentions Compsource, which is in Ohio. Definitely dropped ship. They might have gotten the order of the orders mixed up and shipped last in, first out. That really kind of sucks for you guys, since I really wasn't expecting to see the MB yet.

I have everything thing else you need sitting in a pile here...:p You want to make some money on it let me know.;) I ordered Feb 4th.
The in stock $800 plus Tyan at Newegg is tempting me. I think thats registered RAM tho.

Attachments

• Motherless parts.jpg
    Motherless parts.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
The in stock $800 plus Tyan at Newegg is tempting me.
Wait for the Supermicro! Look, I only have anecdotal information (own experience), but in my eyes, the Supermicro is worth the wait. They are quality through and through.

Registered memory can be VERY expensive. I was shocked a few years back, to see just how much it was.

MY BOARD CAME!!!! YESSSSSSS!!! I'll start updating the 1st thread now ;p

EDIT:
When you buy, they place the order to SuperMicro, then SuperMicro ships to Ingram Micro, IN CANADA! then from there comes in... thats probably why it took me 4 weeks. But it is apperently a very HOT item, and Super Micro is actually the hold up, not compsource.com

MY BOARD CAME!!!! YESSSSSSS!!! I'll start updating the 1st thread now ;p

EDIT:
When you buy, they place the order to SuperMicro, then SuperMicro ships to Ingram Micro, IN CANADA! then from there comes in... thats probably why it took me 4 weeks. But it is apperently a very HOT item, and Super Micro is actually the hold up, not compsource.com

Yeh, but one of the furthest away from Canada. I can see the Mexico border from where I live.

Back