• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah, your right, I need a router to DHCP an IP to it... lucky me, I have another switch I can use when I IMPI... Ill also ensure It is enabled in BIOS too. This W/U couldnt be timed any better... It finishes right about the time I am off from lunch.

So... can we make a sticky somewhere with the current 'correct' procedure for BIOS settings and installation instructions? That would help me a lot.

I could do something like that to link into the 4p super sticky. If I cant get it today, it will be after the weekend. I am headed to Colorado for until sunday. I'll take pics and post captions of the menu's you can look in to verify the settings we need to have on or off.

So... can we make a sticky somewhere with the current 'correct' procedure for BIOS settings and installation instructions? That would help me a lot.
Good idea! :thup:

I could do something like that to link into the 4p super sticky. If I cant get it today, it will be after the weekend. I am headed to Colorado for until sunday. I'll take pics and post captions of the menu's you can look in to verify the settings we need to have on or off.
Send me a PM and I'll update it. Eventually we'll have some of the 4P info integrated into the T32 super sticky, as the 4P route becomes more common.

Hey Steve!

Congrats again on your p4 set up. Looks awesome.

Can you tell me how much power you are pulling with a machine like this?

A data point for you:

A (non-overclocked) 4P (Opteron 6272 cpu's instead of 6174's) pulls 605 Watts total, while folding, 321 while idling. But different cpu's will have different power needs. The 6174's are better folders than the 6272's.

Sorry guys, I have been outta the forums for a week or so... vacation stuff/family time. To be honest I have not hooked up my kill-o-watt but Adaks figures are prettymuch spot on from researching other peoples "6174" builds. You can shave a few watts of power by ensureing you are not at the wall of you PSU, and have it rated at "80+ gold" or just high efficency.

Back