• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

28" Hanns-G 1920x1200 $240

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
These are refurb but a good deal for a 28" 1920x1200. I bought mine in November from Geeks for $189 shipped...LOL! My LCD sure did not look like a refurb, it was spankin new no scratches or dead pixles.

*edit - this is free shipping.

28" Hanns-G 1920x1200

Should be 27.5". Its not even a 28" with the case bezel covering .5" of the screen, it really is just a 27.5" screen. I hate how now-a-days manufacturers are starting to go back to the old CRT sizing "method", but are really just outright lieing with LCD screens since there is no screen area covered by a bezel.

Yeah, I don't like it either but I guess I have gotten used to the marketing.

For some reason, I think dual 28"s will be difficult to make full use of... :blah:

Do like mine though! Will only replace it for some high-end 30" IPS or something fancy screen once I win the lottery.

love my HG281D Hanns-G
been going strong for a few years now

resently picked up a 28" hanns-pree from the factory store in Brentwood
came with a tv tuner this time
resolution of print is not as good/clear
slight shadowing lower half of screen on a white background
but still a nice cheap 28" monitor and TV at 250 bucks

P

Looks like they are OOS but the price went down to $224. Keep checking in they always restock them.

IMO, it doesn't compare to the Dell u2410 at all. Two different LCD techs. The Hanns-g is a TN screen, while the Dell u2410 is a IPS.

I wish I could afford an IPS panel monitor, I can dream. I noticed a big differrence between my 28" 1920x1200 Hanns-g and my old 23" 1080p, especially in games. But I am easy to please since I have almost no money. :)

If you have te scratch then the IPS would be better all the way around the block. I found this pretty cool IPS vid on youtube.

We bought a u2410 for my MIL this year, her latest thing was photo editing and it was the cheapest deal we could find for a GOOD 24"+ LCD

Here's a 27" Viewsonic for $199 free shipping. Its a refurb but my 28" Hanns-G from Geeks was supposed to be a refurb and it was new.

27" Viewsonic

I mostly use my HTPC these days, but I've been very happy with my HG281DPB. I have no reservations about recommending a Hanns-G 28" monitor.

I mostly use my HTPC these days, but I've been very happy with my HG281DPB. I have no reservations about recommending a Hanns-G 28" monitor.

But Hanns-G doesn't make a 28" screen. :confused:

Gotta love how they advertise it as a 28", yet on thier own website it states its a 27.5" under specifications. Maybe next year after more consumers just "accept" this, they'll roll out the 29" screens (real screen size 27.5"). :rolleyes:

(I know, I know, I already pointed this out before. But I'm a stickler for trying get out correct information and not continue to pass along incorrect information.)

But Hanns-G doesn't make a 28" screen. :confused:

Gotta love how they advertise it as a 28", yet on thier own website it states its a 27.5" under specifications. Maybe next year after more consumers just "accept" this, they'll roll out the 29" screens (real screen size 27.5"). :rolleyes:

(I know, I know, I already pointed this out before. But I'm a stickler for trying get out correct information and not continue to pass along incorrect information.)

It's a Hanns-G 28" monitor. That's how it is listed and that's how I bought it.

How nitpicky do you really want to get over it? Is a 27.999" monitor big enough for you to accept as 28"? What about 3 atoms short of 28"? You already mentioned your displeasure with the way the monitors are advertised, no need to repeat yourself. Anyway, the whole monitor itself is larger than 28" so maybe the spec just refers to the frame.

Back