• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ErP Support Setting In Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPreston2001

Hello, I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 as indicated in my signature and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this ErP support setting in the Bios? Does it help to leave it disabled or enabled and what exactly are its functions? Ive set it to both values with no noticeable changes so im not sure what exactly its doing lol. Thanks alot.

ErP Support determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W of power in S5 (shutdown) state. When the setting is enabled, the following four functions will become unavailable: PME Event Wake Up, Power On By Mouse, Power On By Keyboard, and Wake On LAN.

Yes thats what it said in the description but im not really sure what exactly that means lol. Is it better to leave it on or off? Thanks

I have it on, yet I can still wake the computer via mouse, keyboard, or events (WHS daily backup).:shrug:

I just stumbled across this but I thought I'd help clarify. Enabling ErP will disable waking from full power off state with anything other than the power switch. With ErP disabled, it's possible to set your computer up to turn on with a click of the mouse or with a keyboard, or with a packet sent to the NIC. It has no effect on waking from sleep.

The purpose of it is environmental. When powered off, your motherboard makes sure it has just enough power to receive a power on signal from it's connected devices. if ErP is enabled the motherboard allows itself to full power down.

Thanks-have been wondering also

ErP Support determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W of power in S5 (shutdown) state. When the setting is enabled, the following four functions will become unavailable: PME Event Wake Up, Power On By Mouse, Power On By Keyboard, and Wake On LAN.

Many thanks. That solves an ongoing question for me very succinctly.

Back