• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o.c my system need some advise plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i should of look at the manule sorry ..i found it ..going to turn it of now.

wait..disable core technoligy..there is a core unlocker in the advanced menu though.

nm i disabled core unlocker... asus turbo technolgiy i left alone. im now gettin readings on my cpu tempratures

what do i do with this prime 95 program?its on blend tests some of everything)
number of torture tests is on 6..do i just go ahead and click ok?

Run the blend test for 20 minutes with HWMonitor open on the desktop. Then we need to see a pic of HWMonitor at the end of that time. The number of "torture tests" refers to the number of cores you want to stress simultaneously. Just accept the default 6.

If you haven't disable the Turbo technology the temperature readings will be lower but the CPU will be underperforming. When the turbo technology is enabled the CPU is actually under-performing because only some of the cores are sped up at any given time when under load. "Turbo" is actually misleading the consumer. Only part of the six cores go faster. The design of it is to limit temperatures and power consumption not to enhance performance of the CPU.

Last edited:
ok i disabled turbo unlocker and now turbo core tech..in doing so its downclocked my system back to its defults i guess.my ram is no longer running at 2000mhz and my cpu is slower:( i will run priam and get back to you

You had your ram running at 2000 mhz? You are kidding aren't you? What speed is the ram rated for?

Okay, its time for you to do your "Sig" now so that your system information shows up at the bottom of every post. In the Sig tell us things like:

Make and model and speed of CPU

Make and model of the CPU cooler

Make and model of motherboard

Make, model, speed and amount of ram

Make and model of case

Make and wattage of PSU

Make and model of video card

OS

Attachments

• Sig.PNG
    Sig.PNG
    136.3 KB · Views: 30
no i am not kidding my ram stock is 1333mhz but the mainbord dident have the option to run it at that speed.im notsure what it was running at beffor i did the o.c but its designd to run at an o.c speed of 2000mhz.witch is what it was running at

lol i dont no how to do a sig so it shows up all the time im such a noob with this fourm stuff .sorry

nm i figuerd it out. here. i only have standerd cooling that came with my case and with the processor.the case is only fitted with the 3 it came with.

Last edited:
no i am not kidding my ram stock is 1333mhz but the mainbord dident have the option to run it at that speed.im notsure what it was running at beffor i did the o.c but its designd to run at an o.c speed of 2000mhz.witch is what it was running at

The ram may be rated at 2000 and the motherboard may be rated to run 2000 mhz ram but here's the deal: the ICM (Integrated Memory Controller) of the CPU is only rated for 1333 mhz. Did you get that? What I'm saying is that the CPU memory controller is the weak link in the chain. Now, even though the memory controller is only rated for 1333 it is stout enough on the Thuban core CPUs to generally be able to run the memory at 1600 mhz. But not at 2000 mhz! At least not in a stable fashion and especially not when overclocked. You'll need to dial that back from 2000 mhz.

How have you been overclocking? Have you been adjusting the individual frequency and voltage controls manually in bios or have you been using some bios overclocking "genie" or Windows software to overclock?

nm i figuerd it out. here. i only have standerd cooling that came with my case and with the processor.the case is only fitted with the 3 it came with.

You finally seem to have managed to do the Sig but why was that so hard? I gave you a picture even!

Last edited:
Referring back to you pic in post #28, for future reference please crop your images with Snipping Tool (Windows Accessories) before saving to disk. We don't need all that blank area to the right side. To crop with Snipping tool just click on the upper left corner of the image, hold down the mouse button and drag down and to the right. When you upload a pic of the whole desktop area like you did it shrinks the image so much to fit in the frame of the post that the data is too small to read. You can't see the numbers easily, especially on a laptop screen like I'm using.

After cropping, you can also draw on the image to highlight certain things if you want by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse like a pencil.

Looking at the CPU and core temp numbers in post #28 it is obvious you don't have any headroom from a temperature standpoint to overclock. Overclocking drives temps up. AMD CPUs when overclocked start to get unstable when core temps exceed approximately 55 C and you are already exceeding that. You will need to get a better CPU cooler. Now I am assuming you did this stress test with all frequencies and voltages at default stock values since earlier you said you got a reset back to stock settings.

Attachments

• Heat.PNG
    Heat.PNG
    37.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Do you see how much more visible the numbers are after I cropped your pic from Post #28?

the first time i did an o.c was with the turbo evo software that came with my mb. i just used the auto tuner and it did everything for me. it was only later that i realised that my ram was downclocked but the cpu was runing at 4.1ghz i then asked around on forums to see if this was safe and in the end i was told to change stuff so i followed some instructions from a user telling me to get my ram to run at 2000mhz i had to change the buss speed from 232 to 250 and in doing so it would give me the option to run the memory at 2000mhz so i did just that rebooted and i got a blue screen..restarted again booted into windows and tested some games and it crashed to the blue screen again..so the user told me to change the dram settings fro 2000 to a lower speed and he gave me some custom dram number settings ..it ran stable and then i went back into bios and saw the d.o.p option witch gave me the option to run the memory at 2000.so i set it and it ran fine. with a cpu ratio of 14 and a bus of 250 i left it at these settings for over 4 days and its been fine. so is what i did dangerous?

it was not hard i did it straight away but what i send seems to be comin after u send somthing.anywaz i think this is defult levels for my pc but i dont no.t might be les then what my system is sapost to run at.

Okay, first of all, don't use the automatic overclocking genie in bios or Windows software to overclock. Do it like a real man, overclock manually from the bios. Commit to learning those settings and this discipline. We will help you if you are willing. Oveclocking genies and Windows software never manipulate enough variables to give both a high and stable overclock.

Second, download and install CPU-z. Run the program and then upload pics of these three tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will tell us loads about your current system settings.

Third, get a better CPU cooler.

so as far as cooling gose would a corsair h40 be a good option?

An H40? Absolutely not! That's a weenie cooler. If you want to go water, look at the H100. You can do better than the H40 with a good air cooler easily. What's your budget?

Back