• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o.c my system need some advise plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks man you explaind it ..when i see the picture in the user guide it made me think that the cmos swich is the small chip thing located on the main bord and beacuse i am not formilure with the terms ..i was unaware that the switch it refes to is at the back of the computer.so the diagram was very missleading..thanks for clearing that up. i will try again now.

Ok i cleared the cmos and loaded the setup defaults in bios saved and exit.i got a crash memory dump blue screen for first time when loading windows and second time it booted into windows.and this is what cpu-z is showing now.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 35
Your bus speed still shows 232.8 for some reason. Stock is 200. You must still ne using the overclock genie.

ok..after reading your post i went back into bios and the only settings i no about so far that were turnd on were the cool n quiet and the amd turbo core technoligy. i dont no what thay do but i turnd them of rebooted ...but im gettin same cpu-z as beffor..i dont no why this is. i have followd yor instructions so far.unless i missread somthing..but im pritty sure i followed them correctly.

In bios set the main overclocking control to manual instead of auto and then you should be able to set your cpu frequency to a manual value, i.e. 200.

ok trents i changed the buss to 200 and the ram frequency to 1333 should i continue with the o.c that Rgone posted?

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 29
There you go! Good job! Now everything looks like its at stock frequencies and voltages and the memory frequency is at 666/1333 which is appropriate for that make and model of ram. When looking at the memory frequency reported by CPU-z you will see it at half the DDR3 transfer rate because CPU-z gives the "bus" speed of the memory instead instead of the raw transfer rate. So just multiply by "2" in your head.

Now, I'd like you to run the 20 minute Prime95 blend test again with HWMonitor open on the desktop to check core temperatures. Then post back with a pic of HWMonitor.

sure thing.dose it matter if i have other things running in the background like firefox when doing the test or do i just have to have prim and nothing els running for the duration of the test

I would close the other stuff to lighten the load on the Cpu as much as possible.

Yeah, it does look bad. I would not try to overclock it until you get better cooling or you risk frying stuff. You have some quality overclocking components in your PSU and your case and your motherboard and your CPU but perhaps the most important piece you have not addressed yet and that is good cooling.

would it help if i fited my case with all the fans or do i need a water cooler or will air cooling do?..if so do you have any recomendations for fans and a cooler that is not to expenisv £100 mark possible les. i spent alot on this rig i cant reely aford to spend much more right now.cooling is somthing i no little about.thanks for your help

Last edited:
I would certainly recommend installing all the fans in your case that it will take. Good ventilation is important not only for the CPU but for the motherboard electronics to be kept cool and case fans are relatively cheap. But all the case fans in the world will not fix the main problem here with the high CPU temps. The main issue is not lack of case fans but lack of a good CPU cooler. Do you have access to the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ evo CPU cooler where you live? It is a very good cooler and not expensive. About $30.00 US currency but I don't know how much it will cost where you live.

i dunno i buy everything online .lol i will look this one up and see what i can find.im so new with this stuff dose it matter what fans i get for the case im using? mine is cooler master haf x

i found it .for 30 extra i could get the corsair hydro series 100..would this be a better idea do u think?

If 30 extra is no problem then definitely get the Corsair H100, and if you are sure you will have no problem installing it into your case. The H100 will be future-proofing for you as you won't have to worry about cpu cooling when you decide to upgrade to the newer cpus like Bulldozer or Piledriver.

well i have the cooler master HAF X at the time i think it was one of the best cases for airflow..im not sure how can i find out if its compatibel with the corsair h 100?

The H100 has a longer, than usual, radiator mounted on the top of the case, as opposed at the rear. Go to Youtube and search for Corsair H100 and you should find a lot of videos showing you how to install an H100.

Back