• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o.c my system need some advise plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have allready posted that info and run priam95.. if u want to see my memory code.here it is KHX2000C9AD3W1K2/4GX the exact code i used to find out the recomended timing. witch was no use when i did the o.c as i got the blue screen.

forgot to say regon. u say That is a 'classic' example of why we that are true overclockers do not fool with AUTOmatic types of overclocks but for me the automatic o.c is the one that workt for me..if i used the recomended timing that was for the ram. it would blue screen me..so the o.c did somthing right.

forgot to say regon. u say That is a 'classic' example of why we that are true overclockers do not fool with AUTOmatic types of overclocks but for me the automatic o.c is the one that workt for me..if i used the recomended timing that was for the ram. it would blue screen me..

You mean the recommended timing when you had it set to 2000 mhz?

The blue screen had to do with the fact that you were trying to run the ram at 2000 mhz, regardless of what the timing was.

Yes you had posted the CPUz SPD tab earlier...

So I made some notations about the real timings of that ram.

DESCRIPTION

Kingston's KHX2000C9AD3W1K2/4GX is a kit of two 256M x
64-bit (2GB) DDR3-2000MHz CL9 SDRAM (Synchronous
DRAM), water cooled, 2Rx8 memory modules, based on sixteen
128M x 8-bit DDR3 FBGA components per module. Each
module kit supports Intel® XMP (Extreme Memory Profiles)
Total kit capacity is 4GB. Each module kit has been tested to
run at DDR3-2000MHz at a low latency timing of 9-11-9 at
1.65V. The SPDs are programmed to JEDEC standard latency
DDR3-1333MHz timing of 9-9-9 at 1.5V. Each 240-pin DIMM
uses gold contact fingers and requires +1.5V. The JEDEC
standard electrical and mechanical specifications are as follows:

XMP TIMING PARAMETERS
• JEDEC: DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9 @1.5V
• XMP Profile #1: D3-2000 CL9-11-9 @1.65V
• XMP Profile #2: D3-1866 CL9-11-9 @1.65V

Key to that ram being rated at anything close to DDR2000 is that it is Intel spec ram and has an Intel XMP profile for DDR2000. That does not mean much on an AMD system. When the Intel XMP profile is called to be used the timings and the voltages change dramatically as can be seen in the CPUz capture you made and I reposted it below.

When the Intel XMP profile is called then the tRCD (RAS to CAS Delay) takes a big jump from 9 to 11 and the voltage required goes up dramatically as well from 1.5V to 1.65V. That 1.65V on Thuban is not so good. That may be why in some other place they said it could eventually hurt the processor. Not sure I did not see for "real" what was said.

And further when the DDR2000 Intel XMP is called for use the huge change that would have to be made is the tRC from around 33 to 45. If that value was NOT set by the user when he manually input his own timings...well then surely the ram would likely cause a crash.

Looking at the CPUz tale of the Kingston Programmed SPD, that ram is little more than DDR1333 until the voltage is jacked up and the ram timings are loosened considerably. That does not make it bad ram but it surely may not be optimal for an AMD configuration. And when settting up manually there is plenty to have to view and set accurately.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105105&stc=1&d=1328764155

Attachments

• DDR2000.jpg
    DDR2000.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
ok so thats the mistake i made when building this rig..i got the wrong memory for my motherbord..what should i do as far as ram timing is conserd then?

Will do 2000 mhz with extra volts, loose timings and water.

Attachments

• water.PNG
    water.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 29
I would go into the bios and turn off all those "greenie" items, like Turbo Boost, C1E, Cool N Quiet and the like.

Then I would set Cpu Voltage (Cpu Vcore) to 1.4125 with LLC set to 50% or similar.

Then I would set the CPU-NB voltage to 1.25V and get it out of the way. Likely will not have
to change it later for a faster cpu speed.

Then I would set the Ram voltage to 1.55 or close thereto. I cannot see your bios to know if that
exact voltage is available.

Then I would set the ram to run at DDR1333 and set the ram timings to 9, 9, 9, 24. The tRC will not
have to be adjusted most likely since the ram is at DDR1333.

Then I would go and set the CPU multiplier to 18 for a cpu Mhz of 3600Mhz.

At those settings it should boot boot fine and from within Windows, I would open the HWMonitor from
the CPUID site and then run Prime95 for at least 2 hours and if nothing fails capture the CPUz tabs,
CPU and Memory and the whole image of the HWMonitor application which was running in the background
while priming and put those three images in a post to the forum. Make sure the capture of HWMonitor has
the + sign clicked on at the CPU so the CPU CORE temps will show up.

Going that route we get a 3600Mhz pass/fail baseline to determine if there is a next step.

And its not just the timings you need to fix. You will need to bend your mind around the fact that, as RGone said, the ram you have is basically 1333 mhz ram and you will have problems if you try to run it faster than that because of the high voltage any higher frequency will require. As RGone said, the Thuban CPU will not like 1.65 volts on the ram.

RGone, I suggested all those things to him earlier. Maybe he will listen to you.

i have been lisning to you trent otherwise i would not be here still.:) so with all this info thats just been posted about detaild settings in bios..dose that meen i dont have to clear the cmos? or do i still have to do that first? thanks again people

Anytime I am beginning a new overclock episode, I clear the CMOS and begin again. Assures me that I have not forgotten to "change-back" some setttng. Starting from CMOS clear and Loading Optimized Defaults and then beginning my clock after saving defaults, makes me fairly sure I start from the start each new episode of overclocking.

Now if we get a good pass/fail at 3600Mhz and move up a notch, I do not consider that a new overclock episode but rather a continuation.

Another thing is that most of these boards have what DFI started and that is a way to save a "beginning" or start CMOS/user/speed profile. Once I get pretty far into the process, I have surely saved a profile so that all I have to do is clear the CmOs and then enter bios and use one of my saved setup profiles to continue on and not have to begin a complete reset of everything in bios. I turn OFF every thing that I will never ever use and the saved CmOs profile keeps me from having to reset the menial crap0la.

ok..so i turn of pc unplug. switch the cmos switch on my motherbord back and forth..power on pc..go into bios and everything all the values will be reset to defult i just reely wana make sure this is the case beffor i do this

NO just clearing the CmOs will n0t reset defaults. Page #82 of your manual and just
to the right of the pointing hand says:

Load the system default settings to ensure system compatibility and stability. Select the LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS item under the Exit Menu. See Section 3.9 Exit Menu.

All this stuff is in your motherboard manual really. None of us that is trying to help you has that motherboard. We know that in general most all boards work the same. Those boards with the same chipset almost all fail the same way unless the mobo maker was asleep and did not catch a bug in the chipset. So we almost always wind-up looking at the same manual that you have at your location. We actually have to go to your mobo makers website and download the exact same manual available to you.

There is one catch and that is the mobo maker makes a HUGE bios change and that greatly changed bios was never pictured in your manual and naturally not in one we see either.

ok thanks thers is alot of information here and its hard to pinpoint wat to find it makes navigating dificult but i found what u said. i have since iv had this motherbord flashed the bios to the latest vertion. so my bios is uptodate. im gong to do the cmos now and report back.thank u for ur help

ok i couldent figure out how to clear the cmos..i tryd following my manule but im not understanding this.it ses to pres down the clr cmos switch. i see the clrtc_sw in small white print on the motherbord with a black thing above it but it dosent move or push.what am i doing wrong.the picture is very confusing

il have to take a break i need to get some rest iv been on this all night.thanks for the help.il try again later.

Air it be...

In Post # 49 on the third page was a picture with print that first talked about making sure the jumper was on the pins to ENABLE the Clear CmOs switch/button.

The picture had outlined in red at the bottom: To erase the the RTC RAM which is the same as Clear CmOs, that 1. Press down on the clr CmOs switch on the BACK I/O. Back I/O is the rear of the motherboard where you plug up sound and mouse etc and has the Clear CmOs button/switch back there as is shown in the picture below.

Note the other picture referred to page #52 in your manual and the picture below is from
page #54 just a few pages further.

Pic shows location of Clear CmOs switch/button. REmove power to power supply from the wall where plugged in. Then press the Clear CmOs button and hold for 10 or 15 seconds. Then REapply power to the power supply. (Plug back into wall outlet etc.) Then begin the boot process and while booting hold down the DELete key to enter the bios and Select the LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS item under the Exit Menu. See Section 3.9 Exit Menu in users manual.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105109&stc=1&d=1328780749

Attachments

• 1Cross4 Clr CMOS.jpg
    1Cross4 Clr CMOS.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 42
Back