• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Press Release - G.Skill Launches Ares Low Profile Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Higher kits ( 2133+ ) are on Hynix IC like almost everything else now. Lower I'm not sure but can be samsung. I can't find any reviews with IC info for 1600-1866 sets.
For me PCB looks more like that from RipjawsX on Hynix IC that I had some months ago ... seems like it's time for someone to buy them and check :D ( not me , just ordered one of last elpidas :p )

Tight timings drive up prices due to the added cost of making them to such tight tolerances. With most CPUs now pushing huge caches in front of the RAM. it's not that important as it use to be. The main issue with these larger chip arrays is the number of control lines needed to access they increases drag on the drivers. Now if the same resonant grid tech used in the clock circuits being developed can make it way over to DRAM then we might see a 20-30% drop in lats. What the grid does is stabilize signals across multiple parallel control paths allowing the signals to hit all affected chips nanoseconds closer to absolute tight timings. Search "resonant grid" for more details.

Back