• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would appreciate some help with updating my motherboard P7P55D-E Evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you for your post. I truly don't think anyone above you was negative though, but it's all in the eyes of the beholder and I'm sorry you felt they were. Hopefully we can all just put this behind us.

As they said, when not concerned with overclocking and/or fixing something that is already broken, BIOS updates are precisely what you don't want to be doing - experimenting. It has nothing at all to do with any difference in 32-bit vs. 64-bit OS. If it's not messing up with your 32-bit install, it's not going to mess something up by switching to 64-bit.

Install the OS, get the latest drivers and windows updates, then be happy.

Thanks for the post. A couple of us were perplexed as we (thought) we provided everything you needed within the contraints given. Lets start over...Peace and love (-Ringo Starr) all around. :)

Is there any other details you feel you need at this point that we missed? Your updating does only consist of updating the drivers (the latest at the website). NIC, Audio, Chipset/Intel drivers, USB, can all be found at the website.

Install OS, Install Chipset drivers, Install GPU drivers, then the rest. Then Windows update. I hope that helps a bit more.

I think that covers it. I just didn't know what 64 bit required. I will do the install and update the drivers you suggested and leave the bios alone. It appears I ahve the latest bios anyway.

I guess my only wonder is, after all this work will I really notice any difference between 32 bit and 64 bit ?

Thanks again and sorry for the misunderstanding earlier

The only difference in normal operation will most likely be that you will see all your RAM. With a 32-bit OS you are limited to 4GB of physical memory addressing space. That includes your video card, so you probably see ~3.75GB in your OS currently, depending on which card you have.

Aside from the ability to use the large amount of RAM you have, certain applications benefit from being on a 64-bit platform. One example that comes to mind is that photo and video editing software can be perceived to move faster on 64-bit platforms (provided they have 64-bit versions of the software...if you run all 32-bit programs but they're simply operating on a 64-bit OS, there will be no difference other than the aforementioned ability to use all your RAM.)

I am truly sorry for any attitude that I may have been subjecting any of you to. I can assure you it wasn't my intend. Not to try and get any sympathy here but I will explain anyway so everyone who tried to help me understands why it may have seemed that I was giving Attitude.

I have been posting on here on a number of subjects, first my system was having some serious problem and I ended up giving up on it and decided to buy all the parts to build a new system,some of you had suggested getting a SSD, not knowing much about them except the cost I was confused so that was part of the many threads I have posted. The I gave up and bought new parts to build a new system and as we all agreed I went a bit overkill on what I bought compared to what I needed but I wanted it that way.
So now I have a new issue with my sympathy MB and it was brought to my attention that I was either spamming or getting close to spamming by starting several threads on the same subject.

This reply to one of my original posts is to sincerely apologize to anyone I might have offended by the different threads that may have bled over from old problems and new ones.

Right in the middle of deciding to give up on my original issue and then decide to just build a new system the day I got the parts in my father in-law passed away so I will be the first to admit I may not be firing on all cylinders I don't mean to double post or look like a spammer, I a only trying to figure out this newest issue.

This post is only a sincerely apology to the many who have tried to help me and felt I didn't appreciate the help, I know I was a bit rude to Earth Dog do some research on him I know he knows his stuff so to him I publicly apologize . I can't explain why my thoughts and attitude has been a bit rude but I guess we all react to a death in the family different. My reactions were a result of my recent loss. So please allow me to publicity say I am sorry to earth Dog for one, and to whomever else I may ave upset.

I do not want to be known as a spammer that is why I replied to one of the threads I started to say I was sorry and give you some background hoping you will forgive me, I'm dealing with a full plate the last 2 weeks and never intended to offend anyone nor did I mean to post the same issue in different threads. I know I was rude to earth Dog so I want to give him a public apology.
I will try to settle down a bit loosen my belt in an attempt to get oxygen to my brain.

To anyone that I have been rude to I am truly very sorry, losing my father in-law has stuck me big time and if I posted the same question or even close tot eh same question in more than one thread I am sorry but more important I want to make sure that I am tvery sorry for any attitude I may have subjected any of you with less respect than you deserved
I wanted to single out Earth Dog as he has tried to help me on several threads and i was not ,was not

Lol, eagle, it's all good man... It's great to have you. I don't think you rubbed anyone the wrong way or showed attitude that I recall. Just keep on keeping on, but do keep really similar.subjects to one thread, it helps us ALL to get the best information out there in an more organized manner. :)

Lol, eagle, it's all good man... It's great to have you. I don't think you rubbed anyone the wrong way or showed attitude that I recall. Just keep on keeping on, but do keep really similar.subjects to one thread, it helps us ALL to get the best information out there in an more organized manner. :)

OK now I am totally confused. You put all my posts in this one thread and in the thread there are separate issues,starting with my old system and then my new system. So do you want me to post everything in this thread??

The reason I post different threads so people would know it is a different problem, I don't want people to assume it is the same old problem and just pass it by,

Please tell me how I should post in these forums..Please

This looks like a contiguous thread to me...i also replied to your pm on this same subject. :)

I replied to your PM, the thread is clearly from different times and different problems different parts etc.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...elp-with-updating-my-motherboard-P7P55D-E-Evo

No big deal I found out I got a bad MB so it is on it's way back and I bought a new one.

If I have any issues with the new MB I will start a new thread, don't you think adding all those post from different dates,parts and issues

Thanks
Ron

Back