• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Elder Scrolls III - V question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukee

So Steam has Morrowind:GoTY edition, Oblivion:GoTY edition and Skyrim for $49.99 or Skyrim for $39.99.

I haven't played any of these. It's pretty obvious that for $10 more it's a good deal to get the other games. My question is whether or not you recommend playing them in order or does it really matter?

I would play them in order just because thats how it it supposed to be. But if you just want to play through it and not learn the lore or the background of the game then it does not matter.

I would say for the extra 10$ its probably worth it no matter how you play them. TES series is great and if you like them then go for it. If you have never played them however they can all be downloaded for you to test them and see if you do. Then I would highly recommend paying for them mainly because a lot of time goes into games like this and its good to show you appreciate it.

Play them in any order you feel necessary. I recommend chronological order but do realize that Morrowind is quite dated on the graphics in its stock form and the same goes for Oblivion but not nearly as much.

Head over to tes.nexusmods.com for "beautification". :)

Definitely get the texture mods. They game can look gorgeous.

If you plan on playing all 3 say goodbye to a social life! They aren't exactly short games.

BAH! I just bought Skyrim on steam 2 days ago for the full 59.99!! thats a steal of a deal.

Back