• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tera Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scrub206

http://tera.enmasse.com/

Anyone here fallow this game at all? Welp, closed beta is right around the corner (friday) and if you preordered a collectors edition you get into all closed betas.

This game looks very promising. It brings a whole new feel to MMORPGs.

you all should check it out!

ive been following this game since 2009. I started to lose interest last year when they decided to hire the aion guys to westernize it and gut the open world pvp, but i am willing to wait it out and see if they decide to launch an mmo worth playing.

I was watching Tera way back before they launched their site, MMOSite had a news flash on it and i thought it was the next one hit wonder, i /signed off when they announced the edits to the Elin race, i was in FGT/SPE's and i honestly didn't find it to be much more fun than Vindictus already is, I have it installed and my beta invite cleared, if i log in and the Elin are wearing shorts i'm not looking back.

Without creating the same rage that happened on their forum, my reason for not being interested in an edited game is simple, I have plenty of other MMORPGs to choose from on the market, i thought the pantsu added to their character in a way shorts and such do not, the 'shorts' are tacky, and i don't appreciate a game company "covering my eye's" when i'm 25 years old, it's disrespectful.

You don't have to agree with me or respect my decision, it is what it is.

Has anyone taken a look at this recently? I like the way that it is supposed to have a different feel from other mmorpgs. Basically, you target with crosshairs rather than clicking on the people; i think that this will make the game more interactive and depend a lot more on the skill of the player.

It releases May 1st.

I played in a couple of the closed betas, the lancer is amazing amounts of fun to play. Abilities you have to aim, active blocking, it rewards skill and coordination to a degree i havent seen in any other mmo ive played, and ive played several of them.

As a tank, which is all i play in any mmo, i love the fact that there isnt block % or avoidance % on gear. If i want to block something i stop attacking and hold down right mouse button to hold my shield up. If i want to dodge something, i strafe left or right. While this kind of play is going to be hell on anyone with high ping, if you have a decent connection, skill is going to be a huge portion of your damage mitigation.

All i have to do is decide whether i want to start up on mmos again, if i decide to, it will be in tera hands down.

Cool, that is good feedback.

I'm playing swtor at the moment and i'm becoming dissatisfied with the number of character buffs/nerfs.

What was your ping like when you played?

I'm confused about the aiming. Do you hold your mouse over the area where you want to aim, or are there some crosshairs in the centre of the screen making you change your POV and position to hit the target?

In the betas, did they say where they were putting servers?

There are crosshairs in the center of the screen for aiming.

On pvp enabled servers, it is full open world pvp with no factions. The beta i played with pvp didnt have any kind of reward or punishment system in place for world kills, and i dont know if that will change before it goes live. I didnt do any battleground type pvp so i cant say how that was.

So its the end of Tera's 4th closed beta and im the current max level with is 38. Its been a LOT of fun and its actually refreshing. the combat system is absolutly incredible. being able to Aim your skills, dodge others, block some and what not, is just a whole new experience in the MMO world. The quest text and story lines are actually terrible tho, but its a good thing i dont play games for the story lines.

Ive been doing nothing but dueling and running instances after hitting the max level. Ive actually gotten pretty good at dueling :D i win most of my duels... except for when i duel a sorcerer because theyre absolutly OP :(

as for the PVP servers, they do have some sort of a punishment for ganking people below a certain level from you. you gain points for killing people over and lowbies. then when you hit a certain number of points you i believe stay gankable all the time no matter where you are... but its fun ganking noobs :)

.... oh and yeah Elins are creepy as hell.. but what evs theyre funny xD. If anyone gets a key for the 5th closed beta they should come join in the fun. were on Vally of Titans! my current ign is Lunch.Box ..

The combat sounds a lot like Darkfall. Do you aim spells as well as weapons in combat?

They are only a month away from release. Do you think that they will be ready to go with a finished version by then. A lot of what i am reading makes me think that they still have a lot of tweaks to make.

So its the end of Tera's 4th closed beta and im the current max level with is 38. Its been a LOT of fun and its actually refreshing. the combat system is absolutly incredible. being able to Aim your skills, dodge others, block some and what not, is just a whole new experience in the MMO world. The quest text and story lines are actually terrible tho, but its a good thing i dont play games for the story lines.

Ive been doing nothing but dueling and running instances after hitting the max level. Ive actually gotten pretty good at dueling :D i win most of my duels... except for when i duel a sorcerer because theyre absolutly OP :(

as for the PVP servers, they do have some sort of a punishment for ganking people below a certain level from you. you gain points for killing people over and lowbies. then when you hit a certain number of points you i believe stay gankable all the time no matter where you are... but its fun ganking noobs :)

.... oh and yeah Elins are creepy as hell.. but what evs theyre funny xD. If anyone gets a key for the 5th closed beta they should come join in the fun. were on Vally of Titans! my current ign is Lunch.Box ..

It sounds interesting. I'm hoping that it doesn't tank. I'm getting bored of everything else out there. I'm a huge star wars fan, but for some reason SWTOR just isn't keeping my attention.

The combat sounds a lot like Darkfall. Do you aim spells as well as weapons in combat?

yes. you aim spells aswell. the healing is more of you move your cross hair over and it locks on to the person then click it again to heal. and archers and sorcerers you just aim a shoot iirc. (been a while since ive played a sorcerer or archer)

Gameplay looks pretty interesting/fun

I watched a couple boss fights... they seem to take forever for something that isn't an end-game raid [as I would imagine]

example:

i want to fight that boss +___________+ level 42? that should be in next closed beta!! oh man im excited!!

There is an open beta April 19th through the 22nd if you want to try it out for free :O

Finally getting to building my computer hopefully I can get all the parts and it built by time this is released.

Back