• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tera Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was excited for TERA up until they started to change stuff ie censoring.

Granted none of it is game breaking however I am against any form of art censorship and this is basically what they did to the original designs.

I will just leave it at that, no need to create a big discussion over it when there are plenty of topics on the TERA boards covering this.

I have 3 Closed beta codes for this closed beta which ends sunday night at midnight PST/ 3am EST monday morning . PM me if youre interested

So this is out today, did anyone try it? What is it like, better than swtor?

I'm pretty sure the answer you are going to get about it is that it isn't better, but different. I believe Tera goes back to the read-through-quest-text style gameplay where SWTOR was about the story and the voice acting/animations. I think what Tera ultimately has going for it is the combat system that it involves aiming/dodging rather than mashing buttons in a specific order while locked on.

I have it, havent had a ton of time to play it but I still enjoy the combat. Penny arcade summed up my feelings on new mmos pretty well about a week ago though, with a little comic about tera, the old republic, and guild wars 2. Id link it but im on my phone so you will just have to google it yourself.

I actually gave this game a shot and enjoyed it for a while because to me it feels real similar to Monster Hunter but after only 8-10 hrs gameplay I got kind of bored of it. Glad I played at a buddy's house and didn't buy my own copy. Besides after many (many) years of WoW I'm not ready to jump back on the pay-to-play wagon.

I actually gave this game a shot and enjoyed it for a while because to me it feels real similar to Monster Hunter but after only 8-10 hrs gameplay I got kind of bored of it. Glad I played at a buddy's house and didn't buy my own copy. Besides after many (many) years of WoW I'm not ready to jump back on the pay-to-play wagon.

Yeah i ended up buying it too and i don't know if i regret it or what, i -want- to love the game, i just am having a hard time, i like my character alot but honestly thats about it, i only get 3-4 hours to play and when i do it's with my wife and maybe a guild member, what really annoys the **** out of me is when i complete 10 quests, i get 15 more and these "new" quests are to kill the same damn thing, that is the biggest annoyance i have ever experienced in any game, why can't we just cut out the middleman and let me kill 25 of them to start with so i don't have to run all the way back to the location. When people do errands they don't run out, the back home, then back out several more times because it's stupid!

So, i have completed every quest all but repeatable up to level 37 and i am just now being introduced into Poporlinu which is a sub lv35 area, meaning all the monsters there are grey, i one shot them because the amount of redundant quests available has sent my level soaring, by the time i get to the lv38 dungeon i'm going to be roughly lv40 or 41 at which point i will hurt the rest of the groups experience and drop rates. Why not just skip them? Because there are achievements with rather decent rewards to complete all the storyline and a mass majority of quests.

If they cut out about 60% of the quests, it would have been a whole different experience. But it gets kinda worse, apparently i had out leveled the area's so badly trying to fulfill the quest line that now i have two storyline missions i can never complete because
You kill the General of Velika
making it impossible to go back and receive the quest from him.

I'm about 2 shakes and a flip from dropping this game, first the censorship was a dumb move, now my character looks like she's wearing a giant diaper that clips with movement and looks terrible, and now it's become incredibly monotonous, i give it until the subscription, it will be difficult to tell my wife i'm not interested in it anymore because she kinda likes the game and that we blew $130 on two copies, one for each of us.

Guess I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 then...

I recommend Tera if,

You will play a female character

You don't really mind doing nothing but quests, quests, quests until 60 with very rare grouping unless you go out of your way to make it.

You are an anime-esq fan and don't mind the censorship

You have someone to play with you

You like a pretty casual gaming experience

Your idea of PvP is in unfair advantages

I do not recommend Tera if,

You like westernized characters (God of War Kratos, anything WoW related)

You like Anime specifically for the fact that anime goes out of whats considered 'normal'

You think it's a "True Action MMO"

You think it looks like a FPS system

Final Fantasy fans

OT: I dropped swtor, thought about this but i went to rift instead. Shame it has low server populations really.

I'm playing Tera (maybe this isn't the place to post this...) But two days ago I started getting these weird "artifacts" while playing. My PC is just two weeks old and it never overheated past the safe limits. On heavy loads it never reached more than 65° C over hours of playing. After improving the cooling in the case, it won't reach more than 55°C. So I doubt the IGP was damaged by overheating

Running the game in:
AMD APU A10 5800k @4.3 Ghz
ASUS F2 A85-M LE
CORSAIR VENGEANCE 8Gbs @1866Mhz
WD Caviar Black 1TB

Any ideas about the issue? already installed the latest driver for the graphics.
9ku5jdntd

Last edited:
Back