• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VIZIO or Samsung?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Myself, when considering a TV flat screen, I always go with Sony, and have for over 30 years now, and have been very satisfied with the quality and longevity. I realized this years ago when I discovered that most (if not all) TV studios use Sony equipment, which to me speaks volumes on quality and reliability. Next in line would be Panasonic, since many of their components are the same as Sony. However, I'm not saying Samsung is not a good product because it is being the fact it is made in Korea, as are all IPS panels for computer displays. Vizio has a very nice picture and great HDMI interface, but I'm just not so sure how long they will last compared to a Samsung.
The thing is, you will pay for a Sony, but I bought mine at Sam's Club back in 2007, and seems to still be going strong. I usually end up upgrading every 10 years and sell the old one.

My oldest (out of 6) Vizio is 8 years old the newest is 5 years old. I haven't had any problems with any of them. They work / look as good as they did from day one including the two refubs.
I do get some blurr with fast action on the 8yr old, but wouldnt be an issue with newer models. I hope this helps you or anyone reading this. Just get which ever brand that best suits you and your needs.
But I enjoy all of my Vizios and will be upgrading at least 3 this Black Friday.

Back