• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2500K and Hyper 212+ -- high temperatures without overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Umm new guy, jos something or other. This post is from Febuary 2012. And jumping on anothers thread is considered bad manners.

We call this an old thread. If you have a specific question after perusing the forums and possibly better suited for the Intel CPU forum, please feel free to redo your post in the proper place and as a new post. You had a good post, your question is valid.

Redo in the right forum please, and have a mod dump your post.

re apply paste and apply a rice pebble size.
check ambient temps.
calculate the offset for Realtemp/Coretemp this should probably show you +10c on the real temps you are getting. " i forgot how i did that but try to google it"
how many intake and exhaust fans do you have on the case ?
what is your idle/full load vcore ?
are you sure that the ram is running at its rated voltage ? some goes random 1.65v you have to set it manually to 1.5v.

Well, I put on a thick layer of paste and got the same results so maybe it has something to do with my processor itself. Who knows. Anyway, I wasn't looking to do a super overclock to begin with. I still have a little room if I want to push things further.

Attached is the screenshot with Prime 95 running for about 10 minutes.

Thanks for everyone's input! I don't really feel like attacking this anymore right now -- I just about used up all of my Arctic Silver 5. :p

That is a pretty high voltage for the clock speed you are running at. I have much less than that at 4.5 GHz!

re apply paste and apply a rice pebble size.
check ambient temps.
calculate the offset for Realtemp/Coretemp this should probably show you +10c on the real temps you are getting. " i forgot how i did that but try to google it"
how many intake and exhaust fans do you have on the case ?
what is your idle/full load vcore ?
are you sure that the ram is running at its rated voltage ? some goes random 1.65v you have to set it manually to 1.5v.

Ambien temps 28~30C without AC. I have CM 690 II Advanced, and for now there is 2 fans exhaust (up and rear), 1 intake (front). Vcore is on auto (i'm not OCing yet) and RAM is configured manually at 1.5v

Temps are very high when I run IntelBurnTest without OC:

Attachments

• temps running IntelBurnTest.png
    temps running IntelBurnTest.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 406
Back