• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help cable sleeving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DHP

Hello,

In my haste I pulle out all of the cable from the plug and forgot to take a picture of the wire's place's....
I have 4 yellow wich are +12V and 4 black wich are COM

I put those 2 black wire in but I'm not sure if I pluged in the right place.
On the picture the one on the very left goes to the one on the very right.

20120213235556.jpg

I think if I keep the cable where they are on the 8 pin plug it need's to go on the 4 pin plug in the middle whey're they aren't right now.
What I'm sure of right now is that the black cable goes to the bottom of this picture.

I any one could help me it would be greatly appreciate

Thank's for the help,

But I don't see the other side of the CPU pin so it lead me nowhere

Be careful. The connector thats split 4/4 is probably your ATX +12V that goes into the motherboard. You should be able to find the pinout online somewhere. The other one is probably an 6/2 split PCI-E connector for GPU's. I'm not sure the pinouts are the same. I'm pretty sure they're different actually. Make sure you're doing them both right.

Be careful. The connector thats split 4/4 is probably your ATX +12V that goes into the motherboard. You should be able to find the pinout online somewhere. The other one is probably an 6/2 split PCI-E connector for GPU's. I'm not sure the pinouts are the same. I'm pretty sure they're different actually. Make sure you're doing them both right.

Yeah they are not the same, I think they are opposites to each other.

Check your motherboard user manual they usually have some diagrams of those kind of wires. At least I think they did.

Another thing that I did with sleeving my cables so I didnt lose track of where I was is I only sleeve one wire at a time. So ill take out one wire, sleeve it, put it back in and then do the next one. That way I dont forget where it goes, just a thing I do to keep me on track

Ok thank's everyone I found the diagramm in the manual and someone else just told me that as long as the wire is the same colour there is no problem, I think for the 24 pin i'll probably do it once at a time do. ;)

caution! the 8 pin ones for graphic cards, not all of them are ground, there are additional +2 grounds on the 8 pin over the 6 pin one, one of the two grounds is a sensor, no sure what will happen if you install them wrong but you don't wanna risk it :p

Back