• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Nova 2 solution - Fix for poor performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok should i "install" directly the 17 update?

this stutter thing is driving me insane..****ing corsair nova 2

pd: by the way, thanx!

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I made this account only to tell you that the firmware update solved my problems with the CSSD-V60GB2 I have.
Now it is running smoothly without any frozen moments.
I did before a Windows Backup and I used firmware V.15 for SSD.
The only annoying thing was the time used to restore the windows partition: more than 13 hours. Even if the used amount space was 27GB from 60GB (total capacity). I don't know why, but I don't care now :)

Wish you all the best,

xti000

Hi everybody,

I made this account only to tell you that the firmware update solved my problems with the CSSD-V60GB2 I have.
Now it is running smoothly without any frozen moments.
I did before a Windows Backup and I used firmware V.15 for SSD.
The only annoying thing was the time used to restore the windows partition: more than 13 hours. Even if the used amount space was 27GB from 60GB (total capacity). I don't know why, but I don't care now :)

Wish you all the best,

xti000

thanx for that answer im going to flash it this weekend, this stutter ****ing thing is annoying

Just go for firmware 17 and try never to full your ssd's if you do it even with newest firm. i get stuttering and low writes but that's normal for ssd's:)

IT WORKS

I had to register and thank you all so much! I've been struggling with my old Nova 2 for months and months. I finally gave up and put it in storage. Then I cam across this thread and just upgraded the firmware to v17 (newest on the site). OMG! It works! I'm practically jumping around my house. THANK YOU ALL for this. Nice to have a laptop that is running super fast now!

Just registered and wanted to add some useful info to this.

For those of you who haven't flashed yet here are some things you can do that will help a tiny bit.

Note: always make backups of everything no matter what.

- Try and delete as many files as you can and get your disk size down to a reasonable amount.

Some tools I use to do this are

- CCLeaner combined with CCEnhancer.

- WinSX Lite which can also be used on windows 7 as well as windows vista.
Note: this procedure is not for the faint of heart by any means.

Many defragment software titles also have options for SSD profiles now.
They work seldomly but do help.

Another useful note, I have used the MicroScope utilities on the HawkePE 47+ LiveCD 's to do a sector by sector level. This gets the SSD back into shape.
This will wipe out the drive completely.

Also wanted to thank the guys that posted this very much. Hopefully I can try this soon and can get rid of this annoying stutter issue myself.

A few questions:

Does anyone know the actual cause of the problem ???
And why/what HOW the generic firmwares fix it ?

Is there a firware 18 or higher yet and do those work ?

I'll try and post more useful info and in greater detail when i get a chance.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
have you tried d: e: ect for your flash drive by chance?

This was because i was using the ; instead of the :. Finally i could reformat and flashed it, with the version F17 and F15 but i didn't notice any change the problem of stutter persisted, like the contanse freezes.

Triyed switching between AHCI and IDE and it did not work I also tried changing between the AHCI drivers of JMICRON (crosshair iv motherboard) and the amd and it didn't work eighter

i am so angry with this SDD, so I'm going to leave it for loads of videogames.

What does the dll? Because the only thing i could do was copy it to the usb, ¿ is there to do something else?

Last edited:
i downloaded the zip.file and followed all the steps, however my update tool gives an error message:
'Got FW-name not correctly !!! (FBO-S5B-S5F)- 5.02(5.0)'
im using a Corsair Nova 2 30 GB. CSSD-V30GB2A
Some Help please :( ?

Hi guys,

First, pardon for my writing, because i'm french.

I boutgh a corsair nova serie 2 there a few week and the SSD doesn't working properly (freeze, very slow, etc...). it functioned less well that my origin disk of 5400trm!!! :(

I was surprised by Corsair which didn't provide updated or issue for this disk. Yet a lot of person seems to have difficulty... :eek:

I spent a lot of time to find a solution. In french forums :shrug:, i don't see any issue for that and by force search i found a fix in this thread!!! :thup::thup:

I had to try it on multiple computers, but i finally successful to flash the firmware with MyDigitalSSD firmware realase 30! My SSD seems to operate normally now :thup::thup:

Thank you very much guys, bye :salute:

hey guys
I'm from Brazil.
unfortunately I had the same problem :bang head , but thanks to the post solved the problem :cheers:

(translated by google)

Hi guys,

Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I tried to flash my Corsair Nova 2 60GB using version 15 of the firmware, as said in the quoted instructions in the OP. After it asked to power cycle the PC, I reset it and it now appears to get stuck in booting, with no graphics signal to my monitor (surely I should still be seeing the BIOS boot-up sequence?) and the HDD light is constantly on.

I have a secondary HDD connected too but it doesn't have a bootable OS on it. I tried disconnecting the SSD and seeing if it would at least let me see the boot-up, but my monitor remains blank with the power light blinking as if it's on standby.

Any ideas? Or am I just going to have to buy a new SSD (or a new PC)?

Edit: Nevermind! I somehow got it boot properly again! Maybe I didn't power cycle it properly or something... Nothing to see here! Eh haha...

Last edited:
Just go to this adress and download firmware 17
http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/my...im-and-2.5-inch-sata-ssd-firmware-update.html

It contains that iso image in that zip ;) :clap:

OMG Thank you so much. That goes for the creator of this thread too!

I've been fumbling with 4x60GB Nova SSDs in RAID-0 (even upgraded the mobo to a Z77 chipset for the Trim support) for over 6 months now.:bang head Now I'm getting 850R/700W+! :clap:

That step-by-step guide from MDD was money! Had to create an account just to say thank you... ty ty ty!!!:thup:

so i just made this account for all other like me.. who found their Corsair Nova 60GB not working or even bricked !!!!

just use the tutorial here: http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/my...im-and-2.5-inch-sata-ssd-firmware-update.html

it works fine... first i tried with the winPE method with the S5 15 version, but got my SSD bricked... :(

then i read and used the latest and final firmware S5FAM030_FW

at first it didn-t work, the firmware utility from ms-dos said that no sata drive is availible... so i read the tutorial more and found the command: DLMC 0x1f0 –slave

it found my drive and started the firmware update procedure, finally i saw the PASS message from the scan bad blocks.

i attached the PDF tutorial here for all who want to recover or update a faulty Corsair NOVA 60GB SSD

cheers.

View attachment Tutorial_MyDigitalDiscount_Firmware_Upgrade_Phison_S5.030.pdf

Back