• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Music - What you listening to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Convicted1

Hey guys...

Figured this would be another fun thread to go with the "New Toys" thread...

I myself will listen to just about anything... But I've noticed alot of guys don't particularly care for my wildly varying music tastes while I'm benching.

SOOO... I'm looking to create a new playlist JUST for benching.

Which has me curious... What do YOU guys listen to when benching?

Post up your vids or even just artist and song title!

For benching it depends on what fans im using.

if I'm using the deltas I go for stuff like Devildriver, meshuggah, Tool, Dethklok,arch enemy and other metal stuff.

If I'm just using the san aces I'll play some trance

Also depends on how my benching is going. I always seem to have everything click when I use my Tool station on pandora.

I was going to post up a bunch of Sabaton videos and tell you that "Sabaton is all you need for benching"...

And then I stumbled onto Van Canto; they make covers of popular metal songs acapella... Only instrument they use is percussion. OMFG

Van Canto & Joakim Broden (Sabaton) - Primo Victoria

Van Canto - Metallica's Master of puppets

Van Canto - Iron Maiden's Fear of the dark

Last edited:
Only metal I ever listen to is boris.

Usually just whatever I happen to be listening to at the time, if I'm not keeping an ear out for beeps. :shrug:

some skrillex... lil wayne,.... lmfao, what ever comes up when im going lol

Right now (next hour or so) I think I'd rock out to some Guano Apes, and maybe either version of Smooth Criminal... Big fan of Cake as well.

Normally I go for something that's loud and fast paced. My mess with computers and work on cars playlists have like 95% overlap since anything remotely relaxing would lead to me relaxing and not working...

"Post-Hardcore" or "Pop/Hardcore" while keeping their HxC roots...

A Day to Remember - A Shot in the Dark

Original singer of Underoath, and mixing Hardcore with a Southern Rock... YES!

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - Death is an Alcoholic

Good song/lyrics by Eminem & Rhianna, but this version is 1000000x better than theirs :D

A Skylit Drive - Love the Way You Lie

Next, mix Hardcore with Electronica-ish club music... YES!

Breathe Carolina - Wooly

I listen to some old school-ish rap (Notorious BIG, Ice Cube, Lil Wayne, Trick daddy, N.O.R.E, etc), Techno, or metal. Occasionally I would put on a Pearl Jam marathon.

No Country. If I wanted to listen some billy whine about his dead dog, and his wife leaving with the dog, well, Id take an icepick to my ears before that happened.

I tend to go with hard rock / metal'ish (not too much of that screaming into the mic stuff) music. Most recently in my sessions you would have heard Dream Theater, Metallica & System of a Down.

My tastes tend to be varied. Depends more on my mood I reckon. Everything from Tool to Bob Marley, and alot of the classics like the Traveling Wilburys. Mason Jennings another one I listen to alot (courtesy of the wife!). Might as well make her happy to hear something she likes over the drone of the fans!

I generally listen to either techno/trance/electronica (whatever it's called these days) or sabaton type metal.
If I benched right now it'd be electronica/goth(?)/zombie type music (pandora zombie girl, that's the stuff).
Especially if I had a zombie'd GPU I was powering another GPU with :p
As it'd be an Untouchables that doesn't really count, it's more of a construct golem kind of thing than a zombie.

@ Sebas that Van Canto band are pretty awesome (percusion only :eek:)such a big sound.

As for the music i listen to while benching, well i have a passion for old skool italian dance and(sounds crap but its pretty awesome and secondly, semi hard rock.

Here's a sample of the italian dance:thup:

Now the rock! dont know if this band has made it across the pond yet but they are awesome.The guitar solo is immense :attn:

Now the rock! dont know if this band has made it across the pond yet but they are awesome.The guitar solo is immense :attn:

Pretty good band, but that video was crazy. That dude spent a LOT of time getting it right. Well done. :)

Back