• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Addition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prime81

Well I've added a machine to the list, I decided to go ahead and update my machine and pass down my i7 950 to the wife. Both will be folding via the new 7 client, most likely SMP only atm, not sure what the 7970 will do just yet.

New Specs:

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3
i7 2700K - Currently at stock haven't played with it yet
8gigs of Corsair XMS3 2000mhz @ CAS Latency 9
Sapphire HD 7970 3gb
Agility 3 240gb SSD
Antec 1200
Corsair H100
Zalman HP 850w

What a marvelous rig, congrats Prime81!

My crystal ball predicts your average ppd will be increasing sharply. :clap: :clap:

Will you be joining us for the race on May 5th?

Well so far here is what I'm looking at, I maybe able to squeeze a bit more speed out at these volts. H100 is on medium speed as well. So far this 2700k is pretty impressive.

2700k4.5ghz.jpg

I may have zoned in on my perma settings here, gonna let her stress for a good while. Had alittle fun while I was at it with Vantage. :D

4.8ghz Offset of .045 cumulative of 1.39vcore
LLC - Ultra High
VRM - Extreme
DRAM - 1600mhz atm, gonna tweak around once she's solid
C1E, C3, C6 - Disabled
Speedstep - Disabled
Turbo Mode - Disabled

2700k4.8ghz.jpg

2700k4.8ghzw79703dmvantage.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm comfortable with for 24/7 voltage wise. I know intel states these chips can handle 1.425 safely but I've also read of significant increase of degradation with anything above 1.4.

I would expect significantly faster degradation of your cpu at that voltage. I take "can handle it" to be for a benchmark, a game session, or a particular time sensitive program run - not 24/7 folding.

Yeah I have been pretty lazy with mine, I set it and forget it. The voltage is pretty low. I gave it just enough to get to 4.6GHZ then after a few months the terminal for fah turned off a few times. rather then up the voltage, I set it at 4.5GHZ and thats where its been for many months now. Currently 227 wu's with no failures. If I had it on water, like my other 2 I would be more inclined to up it. Linux takes just a little more time to check temps. Unfortunatly every time I learn the terminal commands for stuff like that, I stop using it and forget how to do it. I have to learn to write every thing down as I do it.

Eventually I may do some benching with my chip with Ln2... that being said I'm gonna keep her under 1.4v for 24/7, that way I can maximize the cpu life. I know for a fact that she does 55 multi, just haven't sat down and went for anything higher.

2700k5.5ghz.jpg

Back