• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tablet PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

So, just a quick question... I am looking to go more mobile, but have WAY more flexibility than a iPad/android... I use Office 2010 for work, so I need the PC/windows route, and also I need to use a "Smartcard/CAC" card access... and I need USB ports... hence a Tablet PC for my choice. BUT, my main qestion is, is there a "good"/higher end Tablet PC that can play the occational game on low settings? i.e. MW3 or WoW/SWTOR... I still want the ability (when I travel away from family) to let my inner nerd out and game... and I hardly travel, and I dont really game at home. These systems are laptops, you just can flip and close the lid to make it like an iPad, except regular touch screen windows. My main concern is the mobile graphics. I know I will need to find something without intigrated graphics... but does the nVidia quadros 4200m cut the mustard?

I was looking in the newegg tablet section here:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=407&name=Tablet-PCs

Any suggestions?

I am trying to stay away from Atom CPUs... more interested in the i5 line... Ram is no issue, as I will buy the additional sticks to upgrade/max out amount. how good you think the Fujitsu LifeBook i5 2520m Tablet would fare?

I am trying to stay away from Atom CPUs... more interested in the i5 line... Ram is no issue, as I will buy the additional sticks to upgrade/max out amount. how good you think the Fujitsu LifeBook i5 2520m Tablet would fare?

If it's the t901 model it's a good choice, being a low resolution 13 inch screen, I suppose it should be fine for your needs.

Back