• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your case on top of your desk or below it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Where do you keep your primary computer in your work space?

• On top of the desk.

Votes: 201 47.1%
  • Below the desk.

Votes: 226 52.9%

• Total voters
Bench space in my home electronics lab has been and still is at a premium, so "production" machines have to sit on the floor. I made the mistake of putting the bench right up to the wall, which traps heat under it. I plan to redo the lab layout soon and I will keep a 12" or so gap so the hot air would have room to dissipate. (There's a bathroom door behind the PC bench, so I plan to place my main machine so that I can direct the hot air into the bedroom that shares that bathroom.)

Well guy's i don't know if you would call this a case, but mines on top next to me so i can admire my handy work! AJ. :shrug: :thup:

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 57.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 57.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 258
  • AJ Italian Build 59.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 59.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 250
  • AJ Italian Build 60.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 60.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 256
  • AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 257
  • AJ Italian Build 63.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 63.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 255
I want mine on-top my desk is glass so it has to on the floor.

Corsair 600T
Silencer MKII 750W
AMD Phenom II X4
AMD HD 5770
WD 600gb 7200 RPM
Samsung 120gb SSD

I have my PC on top of the desk because I refuse to leave the PC under it to amplify more dust to it. It gets enough dust being on top, I can only the imagine the horror it would go through if it was "down under".

picture.php

I find it that usually cases lower to the ground collect more dust, just from the difference of my brothers and their computers closer to the ground, than mine, which is basically by my monitor.

@GTXJackBauer

Nice set up But do you have enough room to move around :D

Hey thanks! That's an old picture. Here's a few pics of more up to date. I have enough room to add a 900D up there and still have enough elbow and mouse room. :rofl:

picture.php

picture.php

Back