• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your case on top of your desk or below it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Where do you keep your primary computer in your work space?

• On top of the desk.

Votes: 201 47.1%
  • Below the desk.

Votes: 226 52.9%

• Total voters

eobard

Give me a break Senior
In the musings that wander in and out of my mind I had a thought for a poll that I'm pretty sure we've not done before so here we go. The question is: For your primary system, do you have your computer on top of your desk or do you keep it below your desk?

Mine is below the desk sitting on its own little shelf, the top of the desk isnt large enough.

I think the general idea of the poll is to see whether people have their PCs above or below a certain height, like "waist level".

Bottom right, but i want to put it on top because i want to show it !! =D

Same here. I have the new Antec 300-2 with decent wire management, and I like to look at it occasionally.

The floor is always dusty from my shoes, my cat, and lots of carpeting, so higher is better for me. I notice the space under my desk always feels a little bit warmer too, so the air is not circulating well under there. Time to have a meeting with the Secretary of War about that. :salute:

mine is ontop :D i have a big L shaped corner desk

Below my desk. The only way to put it on top is to have the fans all facing towards my bed, and (with my 4890 GPU) that gets a bit too loud for me to sleep comfortably. With it facing towards the wall instead, it's nowhere near loud enough to be annoying.

I have a nice big L shaped corner desk and I would have rather put mine underneath of it, but the way my desk is made wouldn't allow it to go directly under either straight portion, and it would be hard to get to if it were under the corner section to pull it out to blow the dust out of, so I have it on top right next to me. It's making me reconsider my fan options. :rofl:

Mine is on a stand next to the desk. The desk work surface is midpoint of the case height. Neither on top or under.

Back