• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows not detecting all of my RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltafan909

:confused:

I am doing a flight at the moment on FSX. For some reason, not all of my RAM is being utilized. I'm running 6GB of 1333MHz from Alienware(bleh). At the moment, I am running 3.5GHz on my cpu(167x21). So, then my ram is running at 167x8=1336MHz. I was trying to just stay at a low clock speed for 24/7 use that stays around my stock RAM frequency. Anyways, I only see 3GB being used while running a pretty RAM demanding game. It never seems to go above 3.12GB usage. Why is not all of my RAM being used :bang head

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
So I loaded up Prime95 real quick, still only about 4.2GB being utilized. Is this an average thing? Sorry for double posting.

Well, I played around with IBT tonight. I went to go stress test and it turns out I can't do anything higher than "high." It only says 4GB of RAM is being detected. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Why isn't this working? I have 6gigs.

Last edited:
If you go start and right click on computer, then click properties, there should be a "RAM: X GB" field. I'm in Home Premium 64 Bit and it detects my 8GB fine :/.

It shows 6GB. But, why won't IBT use more than 4GB? Is there a setting I need to change or something?

When you open IBT, does it say Available RAM: 4GB or whatever? When I open mine at some random time, it tends to only show 6GB available - the rest of my computer is using 2GB.

Ah, that's it. Im surprised that it uses that much RAM when only running coretemp and IBT without testing..

I use 3GB of RAM with Firefox (Youtube), League of Legends, mIRC, and Spotify open. I know W7 uses something like a gig, so you must have some stuff on in the background.

Your specs don't indicate what operating system you are using but the picture looks like Windows 7. If that is true try this.
Start Orb and type in resmon and tic on it. Go to the top of the page and tic memory. That will show you how Windows 7 is using the ram.

Are you sure that you are using the x64 version of Windows 7? And did you check to make sure that all the ram sticks are pushed in all the way? And what version of Windows 7 is it. I ask b/c the starter version only supports a limited amount of ram.

We figured it out guys. It is detecting the RAM, it's just some of it is in use when he opens IBT.

Back