• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BITCOIN: problem with miner need help setting another 1 up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trekky

ok im in BTCguild right now but the miner im using is not giving out shares anymore (using GUI Miner) so now im think on change pools and some1 told me
p2pool is the best but i dont know how to mine with their program(s)

so can some1 showme / tell me how to set up p2pool

thx in adv

It's not pool related. There is (and has been for some time) an error in the most recent coding of GUIminer.

You can stay with BTCguild, but I would recommend you switch to CGminer. It's been running non-stop for 10 days for me (on a different pool) and I'm loving it. Provides all the information and settings I need.

If you really want to start running p2pool, shoot me a PM and I can walk you through how to get it going with cgminer.

hmm.... it was the miner

do you think its worth change to p2pool?

and i have a 4650 how would that mine?

I can help you

Im running p2pool on windows7 ultimate.32bit you need to enable rpc in the bitcoin.conf and install python,twisted ,zode and some other files.I will attach the files if you *email removed*:welcome:

*edit: I would suggest using PMs vs posting an email address publicly.
-mbentley

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm.... it was the miner

do you think its worth change to p2pool?

and i have a 4650 how would that mine?

I don't know what the mhash/sec on that card is, but I found that when p2pool is having a good day and you're actually getting work units, you'll make +5% on what you normally make at a pool with fees. But the pool is growing greatly in size and it's no longer as efficient to run a small miner since the payout depends on the last number of shares in 24 hours and the shares are 300 difficulty shares as opposed to 1 difficulty on essentially every other pool. With my 1 difficulty shares, I get ~ 345/hour. On p2pool, I was getting one (1) share roughly every 55 minutes. And the variation and payouts for me were not cutting it. :rain:

I've since changed pools.

Back