• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to set 2600K turbo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IJAHman

Really don't know if my cpu turbo (2600K) is enable.. sorry for this question, but I really don't know how can I set and how will I know if the cpu's turbo is on :( :chair:

Last edited:
If you never changed it in your BIOS, then it's enabled by default. Run Prime95 and report your CPU frequency after a moment of it running. It should be at 3.7GHz is turbo is enabled.

I've ran P95 for a few minutes (few mins only coz I don't have any good cpu cooler for the cpu at the moment) but it ust stay at around 3472 mhz. I've look at the bios and saw that turbo boost is enabled and also HT. but why is it only runs at 3.4 ghz something when is supposed to run at it's full turbo? :confused:
Any setting do I need to tweak? Btw thks for the quick repz :)

Try something like SuperPi 1m or 32m. From what I understand if 3+ cores are being fully used the turbo multiplier will be disabled. SuperPi is a single-threaded benchmark (will only use 1 core) so the speed should jump up to 3.7.

that allows you to run any of them, you select it from the drop down menu after opening the benchmark

that allows you to run any of them, you select it from the drop down menu after opening the benchmark

Hey Janus67! I've already tried SuperPi, and yes!:D it did reach 3794.7mhz, but in only a sec :-/. But why it didn't stay in that speed even in few secs?:confused: Anyway, I'm still content seeing it reaches 3.7ghz.:)

Back