• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Lancool First Knight PC-K63 Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we're looking at the Lancool First Knight PC-K63. Lancool is the steel series of cases produced by Lian Li. On paper it looks to be an air cooled dream, as it boasts two 140mm LED front fans, two 140mm top-mounted fans and a 120mm LED rear-mounted fan. One of the major features of this case is the fact that it is considered completely tool-less. All mounting can be performed WITHOUT using a screw driver. Tool-free 5.25 mounting, HDD mounting, PSU mounting and PCI-e mounting...

Side-Window-300x286.jpg

Return to article to continue reading.

Great review nzaneb! This case looks like a great value considering all the fans included, plus the side window.
:)

Matt

Great review nzaneb!

Did they not include shorter thumbscrews for the mounting holes next to the PCIe bracket? That's surprising if so...they did with the two Lian Li cases I reviewed previously. Fail on their part if they stopped that.

Good looking case though, glad you liked it. :thup:

Thanks guys. Yes Hokie they did include the two sizes of thumb screws. Changing to the shorter thumbscrews solved the problem in the middle of the board, but not towards the rear panel, I had to switch to the standard flat screws. It could possibly be HD 7970 specific?

That's strange. I'm physically using the short ones under a 7970 on my RIVE right now. Glad they included them though; it would be a shame if they didn't any longer. It should work for the majority of users. They are on my benching station too in the same position and none of my cards have hit it.

Not sure about that motherboard thumbscrews thing.. I've built two systems with this case (Both were Gigabyte UD3H/UD3R boards), no issues with anything really (Note; i used long screws ONLY at the top of the board; all others were shorter).. It's a nice case for sure. I'd recommend it to anyone. The fans aren't overly loud either. Between a GTX 560 Ti Hawk and a Hyper TX3 Evo + that case; my friends latest build is fairly quiet lol.

One thing you didn't negative; was the top panel I/O. Well not sure if its a negative.. But more something to note; that sometimes the 3.5mm jacks are a bit finicky.. You really have to jam them in there.. At least I had to. ><.

Having the K62, the K63 seems to be very similar excluding cosmetics. The 62 is great case--easy to work with. I have fairly large fingers, so the mobo thumbscrews didn't work for me. I had to use a screwdriver, but I didn't whine about it. It was no big deal and seriously, nit-picking this is kind of over-the-top. I absolutely love the HDD cage. The thickness of the metal greatly reduces HDD resonance, and the pads all but eliminate it. It's a very quiet case that will keep cool.

It's well built and very much welcomed. I'm sick and tired of flimsy cases. I'll take large and heavy over light and flimsy anyday.

Lian Li has always made great HDD cages. I've always enjoyed working with them :thup:

I've had this case for about 3 months now and can say it's terrific. I was looking for another case that would give me better space to work in, better cable mgmt, would cool more effectively and stay cleaner inside. This case meet all those points and more.
I transferred all my components from a CM 690 (original version) which I was very unhappy with to the PC-K63 and it was a breeze re-installing all my parts.
This case has lots of room to install almost anything, has great cooling, is quiet and looks great. The materials and construction are top notch and has tons of features for this price range. I am really impressed with this Lancool case from Lian Li and would high recommend it.

I was looking at this case previously and choosing between this, te antec p280 and the silverstone tj04-e ant still can't choose! I (very hesitantly) dropped this from my list and was leaning towards the silverstone but I just don't know.

My favorite LanCool case is the PC-K9WX. The PC-K9WX and the PC-K63 are very similar feature-wise, the PC-K63 has top fans where the PC-K9 doesn't, but the PC-K9 better looks to me. The top vents on the PC-K63 could be useful for a radiator if there's room.

I like the TJ04B-EW better than the PC-K63 too, but it would be a tough decision between the TJ04 and PC-K9. TJ04 also has top fans, but isn't as "tool-less" as the PC-K9.

Nice written review of the PC-K63! After reading many online reviews I ordered this case last night from Newegg.

After not overclocking for the past 6 yrs I've decided to jump back in and migrate my current build over to this case and learn from this site the latest tips and tricks to OC my rig.

i7 860/GA-P55M-UD2/HD5850/Seasonic X-650/Lancool PC-K63/CM TX3/8 Gb DDR3

Last edited:
front cables problem

Hi,I've mounted an Asus H110M on this case.After using all the 2 pins cables,I'm left with the usb and the 4pin cable. I have no idea where to use these as there is no slot left on the motherboard.Thus I'm not able to use the front usb 3.0.Can anyone enlighten me please? Thanks in advance.

Whoa! Major necro here.

Jazzinova you'll get much better results if you start a new thread in the general hardware section. I would list your system specs i.e. case, mobo, cooling etc.

Welcome to the Forums too!

Back