• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

Gping sub zero in the next week or so for the first time, and just getting some sheet insulation is a big pain in the ar** as it is either wafer thin or just crap quality and I was in the go outdoors shop today and saw the camping roll mats were only £5 for about 7ft by 2ft rolls and I was wondering if this would suffice as mobo insulation as it would save me a small fortune if it is :)

Yeah I've got artist eraser, but don't you put insulation on top of that ?

Sometimes I would use a layer of FrostKing as a gasket before my neoprene gasket for the pot. You do have a neoprene gasket, right?

As in the insulation around the pot ? If so then yeah I have pot insulation just no insulation (same type as what's on the pot) for my mobo, it's just covered around the socket area with eraser at the moment !

I put down a layer of eraser and paper towel bits, then a few layers of paper towels. No neoprene here except for the tube the pot goes in.

I put down a layer of eraser and paper towel bits, then a few layers of paper towels. No neoprene here except for the tube the pot goes in.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to do, just didn't know if the cold would freeze the eraser and crack it, and I've seen people put insulating foam on there boards and then I got paronoid , and went hunting for some lol

If you leave the vaseline on it will run off if temps get warm in your case. It will also attract and capture dust, I would think.

If you leave the vaseline on it will run off if temps get warm in your case. It will also attract and capture dust, I would think.

Actually I've had it running for quite a few months like that, I opened it just recently and it hasn't run off, or gotten dirty.

To each his own though, I can understand not wanting a goopy board :p
:cool:

Uhm, but the ambient temp hasn't been over 70 this whole time, IDK how it will do in the summer.

Back