• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo w/ UV reactive components?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skorpien

Hi all,

I've been searching high and low for an answer to this question, so I hope you all will be able to shed some light and provide some advice.

I'm working on a watercooled build with a strong UV green and orange theme. I've already purchased as many UV green and orange components as I can (sleeving, molex connectors, tubing, anti-kink coils, etc.) but I would love it if I can tie it all together with a motherboard that has UV green and orange components.

All I can find online are references to the DFI LanParty mobos, but it seems I'm about 7 years too late for those. I'm not looking for PCI slot covers or the likes, and I'm not handy enough to desolder and solder on new connectors.

Would anyone know if such a premade motherboard exists or if there is one in the works? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I am not aware of any such motherboards (in existence or in the works). The gigabyte assassin boards utilize green for their color scheme.

keep in mind that some colors will still glow a bit with UV light (whites, light greens, blues, etc) It does depend on the plastic and coating it was given.

If DFI was still around, their boards would fit the bill perfectly. I haven't seen a board like that since.

I was just thinking the old DFI boards. Im not sure what boards are UV reactive these days. Like stickers on imports, that ship has sailed.

... Like stickers on imports, that ship has sailed.
Sadly, I'm well aware. Came to that realization when I first started planning this build last year :(

That Gigabyte Assassin board looks pretty sweet (not big on the gun sink but I can live with it). I got to looking around and they have other boards that would work too. For LGA1155 they have the Sniper (which would mean I wouldn't have to upgrade my CPU, but also has a gun magazine sink). But I really like their GA-X79-UD7 board which is orange, even though it's LGA2011.

The only thing about their GA-X79-UD7 board is that I've been reading reviews about stability issues, and to fix it Gigabyte issued a BIOS firmware update that just limited it's OCing potential rather than fix the issue...

Here are the three boards:
Assassin: http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4046#ov
Sniper: http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3962#ov
GA-X79-UD7: http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4047#ov

Any thoughts on those? Any I should avoid? ... Man this build is gonna end up costing me my life savings...

EarthDog, I noticed you did a review of the GA-X79-UD7 board. Did you by chance put it under a UV light while you were working with it? :p

I did not UV it, sorry. But it has gotten pretty stable (and is FS in the classies as a matter of fact) with later bios releases.

Back